Bank

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite
Other Heating: none

Post by Smokeyja » Mon. Jan. 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Wtf does the state of NJ have to do with your bank and money?

At the same time your talking about a state who won't let you pump your own gas ... Maybe you cant handle your own money? lol

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Tue. Jan. 08, 2013 5:30 am

I go frustrated with banks many years ago and have done a lot better since going to cash-only.

One way the wife and I save is; we never keep $5 dollar bills. If you are better off then us, then go ahead and use $10's or $20's, but anytime we get a $5 we put it in a jar. Typically in a week, we will generate $40-$45 dollars in set-aside $5's. Laugh if you want, but even on unemployment, we are adding to our savings and that is when the average American is losing money, not saving it. The great thing is; we never seem to miss the $5's we squirrel away, but they do add up!

SteveZee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

Post by SteveZee » Tue. Jan. 08, 2013 5:43 am

NoSmoke wrote:I go frustrated with banks many years ago and have done a lot better since going to cash-only.

One way the wife and I save is; we never keep $5 dollar bills. If you are better off then us, then go ahead and use $10's or $20's, but anytime we get a $5 we put it in a jar. Typically in a week, we will generate $40-$45 dollars in set-aside $5's. Laugh if you want, but even on unemployment, we are adding to our savings and that is when the average American is losing money, not saving it. The great thing is; we never seem to miss the $5's we squirrel away, but they do add up!
Nothing wrong with that. I don't buy anything on credit anymore. If I want something, I save till I have the money to purchase it. Feels better when I achieve the goal. I'm getting away from that instant gratification problem that many, lucky enough to live in a country like ours have. Yes I have credit cards but they carry no balance. If I use one, It's paid at the next statement.

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Tue. Jan. 08, 2013 7:26 am

Dormant accounts are seized from the bank by the state. The state then holds it for you, advertises that they have it.After several years, they keep it. Banks
used to just keep the money and quickly too.

VigIIPeaBurner
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker(down)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Tue. Jan. 08, 2013 7:32 am

Paulie wrote:Dormant accounts are seized from the bank by the state. The state then holds it for you, advertises that they have it.After several years, they keep it. Banks
used to just keep the money and quickly too.
... and if you have politically astute legislators in your district they'll send you a letter informing you that your money is waiting for you to claim. My wife got such a letter a few years ago. So have a few of my friends. Easy way to get you to remember them when you enter the booth next November ;)

Return to “Money & Finance”