What to Hoard During High Inflationary Times..Gold or Coal?

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Wed. Aug. 07, 2013 10:42 am

samhill wrote:Wouldn't you know it just as I was trying to come up with some coal money this came along but unfortunately I think I got out bid by some cons once again, us poor libs don't stand a chance. :cry: I guess it's an example of that old saying "You Can't Take It With You". http://abcnews.go.com/US/auction-nevada-recluses- ... d=19882243
Why do you need gold? Why are you not out pillaging the population at large like the rest of the Liberals? Getting too old and lazy? Conservatives store up their treasure in heaven.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Wed. Aug. 07, 2013 10:48 am

Your right Franco, my pillaging days are far behind me, left that in the very early 80s. I knew some of you seem to believe they are in direct communication but as far as sending your treasures to where the voice you hear, I think maybe that isn't such a good idea. :roll: You did notice the smilies didn't you, maybe you should be less defensive at times. Not trying to start anything, just saying. ;)

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Aug. 07, 2013 12:09 pm

These are deflationary times and so gold, silver nor coal will skyrocket.

It's just silly to hoard coal ---- says he sitting on his 34 ton pile of rice, eating lunch and pausing to run that liquid gold through his hands while giggling insanely..... Now I need to collect some nut :evil: :evil: and perhaps some more coal stoves :evil: :evil: :evil: The rest of you can collect gold, silver or baseball cards for all I care.

Return to “Money & Finance”