Question on an International Paypal Payment

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Thu. Apr. 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Yep - very familiar with their fees. They've made quite a boatload off me ...

Well, in this instance I'd be the one wiring the cash. Not real comfortable with that ... at all. The guy has been on eBay for a little while, but has no feedback as a seller. Would ruin me if I got porked on the deal .... :|

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Fri. Apr. 06, 2012 1:56 am

SMITTY wrote:Would ruin me if I got porked on the deal ....
Smitty.... RUN!
SMITTY wrote:The guy has been on eBay for a little while, but has no feedback as a seller.
I thought you said you were the seller. <brain melting> Food for thought, for this or future deals. That seller may have hacked that account. Just think of what I could do if I got into your eBay account. I can change the address where the Paypal funds go.... I can sell something that doesn't exist... I can disappear. I think you got lucky....very lucky....when you sold that car. Thinking the guy was legit because the caller ID showed FL, then SC is not safe thinking. There's two ways to make that happen and they are both legal! There's software that makes it so I can show any number I want on your caller ID. (spoofcard.com) If it's that way the number is fake & you can't call back. But, I can buy a Magic Jack and assign any zip code I want as it's base number. I can then take that Magic Jack anyplace in the world and it will show up on the caller ID as coming from the registered zip code. Your phone shows it's coming from SC. You dial back, I answer. I could be next door to you, or I could be in Zambia for all you know. After you send the money I drop the Magic jack in the waste basket....or...sell it on ebay. Right now, go to eBay & look at all the Magic Jacks for sale. If you buy one from Washington state you now have a phone that shows Washington on the caller ID...assuming the buyer told the truth when they signed up.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Fri. Apr. 06, 2012 7:10 am

Plus scammers can spoof caller id's or block them sometimes. We get automated calls with very strange caller id's.

SMITTY

Post by SMITTY » Fri. Apr. 06, 2012 6:40 pm

I wasn't relying solely on the caller I.D. .... I was listening to the guy talk, tell me what he wanted to do with the car, asking all the right questions - after about the 10th call in 2 weeks, I was sure he was legit. Besides the fact he sent $200 worth of parts here for me to install without ever questioning my integrity. I would never jump into something like that without being 200% sure I'd be all set. ;)

Now I just need to figure out what I want to do with this eBay deal ....... :crazy: :stretcher:

009to090

Post by 009to090 » Fri. Apr. 06, 2012 6:49 pm

SMITTY wrote:Now I just need to figure out what I want to do with this eBay deal .......
:out:

SMITTY

Post by SMITTY » Sat. Apr. 07, 2012 9:59 am

Yeah there's no simple way of getting this done, so I might settle for a local one that I'll have to accessorize myself. Was hoping to have a seller absorb all the depreciation ....

Or maybe I should just be patient & wait for what I want? :lol:

traderfjp

Post by traderfjp » Sat. Apr. 07, 2012 10:11 am

He could use an Amex card and still use Paypal and then charge it back up to 90 days later. I would insist he wires you cash or sends you a certified check. Once the funds clear then send the item.

Return to “Money & Finance”