Beware of Buying Gold/Silver From Lear Capitol

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Mon. Mar. 25, 2013 1:30 pm

lsayre wrote:Actually I believe that money backed by nothing and fractional reserve banking gone wild (with somewhere in the vicinity of 30:1 leveraging) and too big to fail are the root problems.
Nothing inherently wrong with fractional reserve banking, but I would agree 30:1 leveraging is awfully high.

"Backed by nothing" is also a problem, agreed -- not that some arbitrary metal should be the backing, but it should be based on something more or less concrete, to keep our politicians from relying solely on their wisdom. (How's that for an oxymoron -- political wisdom?) :lol: Just not sure what the "something concrete" should be.

And yes, too big to fail, due to inadequate government regulation again resulting from political wisdom.

And here I thought you and I didn't agree on anything. :)

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Mon. Mar. 25, 2013 5:03 pm

rberq wrote:And yes, too big to fail, due to inadequate government regulation
It was not only inadequate regulation but the government was actively pushing mortgages that should never have been granted.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Tue. Mar. 26, 2013 9:57 am

Can't go wrong with http://WWW.GOLDLINE.COM .

Site seems to be down at the moment though ...

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Tue. Mar. 26, 2013 11:27 am

Yep - typical mainsteam media smear campaign. I figured rberq would be posting that list ... but congrats beemer - you beat him to it! :lol:

You know how evil Glenn Beck is .... :roll: Trying to destroy the country & lead people to buy from shady companies. Guess that's why his new company is so ... uhh .... small ....

Have any people you PERSONALLY know have any issues with Goldline? That's what I thought.

If you guys would put HALF the effort into researching what our government has been doing to undermine our daily lives, we'd be in pretty damn good shape going forward.

beemerboy

Post by beemerboy » Tue. Mar. 26, 2013 12:14 pm

SMITTY wrote:Yep - typical mainsteam media smear campaign. I figured rberq would be posting that list ... but congrats beemer - you beat him to it! :lol:

You know how evil Glenn Beck is .... :roll: Trying to destroy the country & lead people to buy from shady companies. Guess that's why his new company is so ... uhh .... small ....

Have any people you PERSONALLY know have any issues with Goldline? That's what I thought.

If you guys would put HALF the effort into researching what our government has been doing to undermine our daily lives, we'd be in pretty damn good shape going forward.
Questions.

how is goldline being accused of theft and fraud in a 19 count criminal complaint part of a "mainstream media smear campaign"?

How is goldline agreeing to refund millions of dollars to customers because of a CRIMINAL complaint part of a "mainstream media smear campaign"?

And when did coinweek become part of the mainstream media?
lead people to buy from shady companies
So, are you saying that goldline is a shady company?

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Tue. Mar. 26, 2013 1:32 pm

SMITTY wrote:I figured rberq would be posting that list
Nah, I pretty much ignore anything I hear about on Fox. :lol:
If I want investment advice, I won't get it from whores like Beck and Hannity.
You can trust them if you want ... go ahead, send some money, but buy next year's coal first so you won't need a government bailout come November. :)

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Tue. Apr. 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Buying from the US Mint directly is another option. The current price of gold is very high, but silver coins and bullion are worth considering.

Unhappycustomer

Post by Unhappycustomer » Thu. Jun. 06, 2013 11:07 am

Please, be aware of Lear capital, they are a big scam and will make any claim to sell you the product or products they want to sell you at very inflated prices, if ypu use a credit card they still make you wait over 3 weeks to send you your order, once prices have gone down. They make phony claims about selling you certain coins "that the government" can't "confiscate" any gold or silver coin is worth it's price on bullion. They themselves among reps offer widely disparate prices , as an example, depending on what rep you talk to, you can but a canadian polar bear coin from $42 dollars to $55 dollars the same day. They are high pressure and want to sell in volume so
As to make massive profits. They are commissioned crooks , hence have an interest in lying and deceiving the customer so as to make a larger commission, their "spread" varies widely. Companies that don't advertise heavily like they do, sell the coins at a much lower price than Lear capital does , when you try to sell the coins back to them, they start by offering you a much lower price than they originally agreed to. When you ask them upfront questions or inquiries about your purchase, they lie, are rude and hang up on you. They are only interested in pounding you with calls and telling you lies so as to make another sale. They get the money and they don't even ship their overpriced merchandise for almost one month. They always have an excuse and a lie for everything . Please go to e- bay and see what you can get the coins that you buy from Lear capital at a much lower price and the seller has to pay e- bay or amazon 15% commission for selling on their site. Lear capital scammed me for tens of thousands of dollars and I am out already half the money , which I will never recover, they are far worse than a car salesman and more crooked than the worst car salesman. Please for your sake avoid them at all cost . They are worse than the Black Plague and since the " precious metals" market is totally unregulated they can get away with anything .

vstar69

Post by vstar69 » Mon. Jan. 06, 2014 9:15 pm

http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-reviews/gold- ... a-13059407

I visited the BBB. They have NOT given an "A" rating to Lear Capital. They have no rating at all. :shock:

hphomin

Post by hphomin » Wed. Apr. 09, 2014 4:52 pm

My first time buying gold. Unfortunately I was taken by Lear Capital. My first investment was over $10,680.00. I thought I'd be getting at least 7 ozs. of gold. What I got was 5.75 ozs. The way I figure it,(which I should have done before the purchase) is that Lear got a profit of over $3,040.00. That's damn near a 30% profit on my investment. Beware, and check your calculations before you purchase!!

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Apr. 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Apmex or Gainesville coin. Direnzo and Lehigh are better. Whoops wrong color of gold. Gold has been securitized through GLD and the market is artificial now so save your money. Of course, this purchase is now recorded so you are ready to pay the 38% tax when you sell. :)

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Wed. Apr. 09, 2014 6:18 pm

I've said many times you buy low & sell at highs, there are a lot of places where you can buy something known like coins or the like for a certain % over spot for that time. I don't know why so many fall for the slick advertising & fear to protect yourselves by buying gold, put some thought into it & ask yourself why all these places that have gold are willing to sell that gold for what (U.S. dollars). ;)

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Wed. Apr. 09, 2014 6:55 pm

samhill wrote:put some thought into it & ask yourself why all these places that have gold are willing to sell that gold for what (U.S. dollars).
:shock: I never looked at it that way.. :lol:
Makes pretty good sense.. not that I was interested in buying gold but more curious as to WHY they were sellin it..

tjnamtiw
Other Heating: Sopka Cook stove

Post by tjnamtiw » Wed. Apr. 09, 2014 7:42 pm

cabinas wrote:Also...to address the 33 complaints from Google....that is extremely small. We have over 25,000 clients...33 complaints is nothing. Ever look at complaints from lets say...oh...Merill Lynch...thousands. Once again...call me at 310-571-3739 if you have legitimate concerns or if you are a real buyer that wants his concerns addressed in order to make a comfortable, hassle free gold or silver investment.. Not just someone who likes to post negative things about companies they know nothing about except what they find on google. BTW...we have an A rating on BBB.
Just from his snotty replies and arrogance, I'm glad I never used his company! Never will! Why should anyone have to wait 12 days after your goods were paid for to have them shipped? It sure isn't Amazon Prime!
I'll think of this every time I see those adds on FOX.

Return to “Money & Finance”