Beware of Buying Gold/Silver From Lear Capitol

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Tue. Apr. 05, 2011 9:41 pm

I still can`t understand why anyone would want to buy when gold is at a record high? It was always my rule of thumb to buy low & sell high but then again what do I know.

smokeyCityTeacher
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95

Post by smokeyCityTeacher » Wed. Apr. 06, 2011 12:40 am

samhill wrote:I still can`t understand why anyone would want to buy when gold is at a record high? It was always my rule of thumb to buy low & sell high but then again what do I know.
I found a better place to buy. Better price and they have been delivering regularly. Slow with a few weeks lag - but regularly.
I have no interest or benefit to be gained from disputing the Lear guy. I told my experience and he refuted it.

Incidentally - NWTM is just as slow as Lear. So if its any consolation to the Lear guy - they are no worse than the others - they all play the same game of hold your money for weeks until they can make a big enough purchase to get the deal on the silver. Even the companies that charge you for allocated storage - have been exposed for not having the silver in stock - a double fraud.

If you think Gold or silver is anywhere even near its top - you will be shocked - especially by silver.
As long as the Fed keeps printing money - the price of silver and gold will expose the weakening purchase power of the dollar.

You can lie to the people but you cant lie to gold and silver.

snuffy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF250 & Mark III backup
Other Heating: Oil Hot Water

Post by snuffy » Wed. Apr. 06, 2011 1:42 am

I prefer to buy proof sets directly from the US Mint. Franklin Mint also has some good bulk deals. Ever since the Healthcare Law and its $600.00 requirement for reporting to the IRS (I know it was recently recinded) I'm sticking with silver. Seems more tradable with less hassle. That's my 2 cents.

i003046

Post by i003046 » Wed. Dec. 28, 2011 3:17 pm

I think anyone would try to defend their standings regarding complaints. Sometimes the customer isn't always right. However I do respect the rational for trying to resolve by providing a direct number to reach the V.P of the company. I felt it was only fair. I don't believe in purchasing GOLD at the rate it's at now anyway and stand by Samhill's comments. However, Silver I was more interested in. But believe it too is at it's peak. SmokeyCityTeacher, please share with us the company you are currently happy with now.

Thanks,

I003046

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Dec. 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Good response. Give the man a call. I'm afraid gold is near peak now.
My learned friend stick to coal. Gold has barely begun and will continue to rise until we learn to live within our rmeans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/28/us/politics/oba ... .html?_r=1

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/BASE

If this mean gold is static then it means we are smarter than King Midas as we have learned to secret of infinite wealth, just print it! Sadly life does not work like that. QEs will continue regularly for the mid term future even if Paul is elected. So M3 will continue to skyrocket. So oil up and gold up. If you think that these Iran preambles are anything but a prelude to war then you are dreaming, then overnight gold $2500 and oil $200. If they really close the straits and China comes in as promised....... What you see now is CDO deleveraging.

There is no escaping a $20T debt at least.

beemerboy

Post by beemerboy » Wed. Dec. 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Lear Capitol is not the only company to watch for

Glen Beck's Goldline is in trouble too: http://www.coinweek.com/bullion-report/goldline-e ... complaint/

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Wed. Dec. 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Funny how the complaint is based in CA .... and ABC is reporting .... :gee: I take that report with a grain of salt.

AZBullion

Post by AZBullion » Mon. Apr. 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Alright I couldn't help but reply after seeing all of the ridiculously ignorant postings on here. I work for a separate company that deals in gold, silver and platinum bullion. When I have a customer that wants to send us a check for payment we take much much longer than 10-12 days to ship. Lears turn around time on check payments is actually above the industry standard. I think you should also take a look at the way you are trying to pay, this is the 21st century nobody uses checks anymore and smart retailers/dealers don't even bother with them, much to easy to commit check fraud. As a rule, if you have no knowledge of how the industry works, don't try doing business in it because you'll just end up looking like idiots like everyone on here posting about how a 10-12 day delay is borderline criminal. Ha! Please get an education.

Poconoeagle

Post by Poconoeagle » Mon. Apr. 23, 2012 5:25 pm

ex= hasbeen
spurt= slow drip

so...your a exspert ;)

Ctyankee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503 insert
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by Ctyankee » Mon. Apr. 23, 2012 7:14 pm

I am just going to invest my money in COAL. Before the government can burn through all my money, I am going to burn through it myself! :annoyed:

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Mon. Apr. 23, 2012 8:58 pm

I have an unused cement block building on my property. If I were to cut a hole in the roof and fill it with coal, it would hold 48 tons. That's where the money I used to spend on gold coins from the US Mint now goes!

http://www.usmint.gov/

BarbL

Post by BarbL » Wed. May. 16, 2012 1:41 pm

My Lear Capital Representative, Tony Kappos, was very kind and explained everything very well. This was my first experience to purchase precious metals. I was very impressed how he explained everything well and didn't make me feel stupid. I also did not have much money to invest, but that didn't seem to matter to Tony. He is an asset to Lear Capital.

Pirron68

Post by Pirron68 » Fri. Jul. 27, 2012 12:26 am

ok
Last edited by Pirron68 on Fri. Jul. 27, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Fri. Jul. 27, 2012 9:59 am

Interesting how many one-time posters there are in this thread. In other words, people who registered with the forum simply to defend the gold sellers. I know there are companies that specialize in "sanitizing" the unsavory internet reputations of other businesses. I wonder if that's where the one-timers are coming from?

enbeuu

Post by enbeuu » Thu. Aug. 16, 2012 5:16 pm

samhill wrote:I tried to warn you smokey, the best deal isn`t always the cheapest but don`t give up hope you may get your coins yet. Did you ever check with the B.B.B. for the # of complaints? That what I mean by wanting to see & touch what I buy & its always nice to be able to reach out & touch the seller if you know what I mean. While they are waiting for enough orders they are making money on yours & everyone elses they are holding.
Agreed; I bought silver, today: SLW, using silverWheaton and it's credited to my account as of today. and will clear the account in 3 days...SEC period.

Return to “Money & Finance”