Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 7:36 am

ColdHouse wrote:
Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 7:34 am
Go after employers and let the country disintegrate any further and it will be no better than any third world schitehole. You have a narrow view. But we all know you are right.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1664682489929924610
If my view is so narrow, refute my statements as to bringing your in-laws here.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 8:55 am

waytomany?s wrote:
Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 7:36 am
If my view is so narrow, refute my statements as to bringing your in-laws here.
You are not worth the energy.
The country is going down the toilet. It is not better here today than it was here 50 years ago and each day it is getting worse. If you cannot see that your view is narrow.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 1:38 pm

Permission, eh ? Question is: is it free speech ? The place appears to be a place where free speech is protected. Is singing a song free speech ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_performing_( ... _case_law)

Without going into a full legal analysis .. I would say yes, the activity in the choir's case was free speech.

No permission needed.

The "conductor" did not object, tell the guy to take a flying leap, etc. Instead behaved to teach the kids that their rights are meaningless. Good job conductor man.

I doubt the citizens around knew what was actually happening at the time.

Next time they'll sing "Oh Canada" I guess.

In my state, people protested as noted here:
https://ctmirror.org/2023/03/01/ct-capitol-sit-in ... ct-1199ne/

The people arrested had their charges dropped. Why ? Because people could just walk around them, they were not stopping peoples' movement anymore than just standing in the lobby area.

Oddly, the pictures shown in the article is the same place where the police kicked me out for handing out political literature; I filed a civil suit and the state promised not to interfere with free speech in that area in the future...the case is still a pending case as to damages (the state admitted that they violated my free speech). See, they promised...kek 1/2 the members of the capitol police force love me, the other 1/2 hate me. Last time I was there exercising my free speech a fight almost broke out between me and the police. Go figure...when confronted with a citizen willing to fight they ran away.

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 9:07 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 8:55 am
You are not worth the energy.
The country is going down the toilet. It is not better here today than it was here 50 years ago and each day it is getting worse. If you cannot see that your view is narrow.
You should probably move to Canada then, especially if trump wins in 24.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 9:50 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 9:07 pm
You should probably move to Canada then, especially if trump wins in 24.
You made me think, just where would i move if I had to move to another country for any reason. Western Canada isnt much more liberal than my state now and its pretty so I could probably live there if I really really had too. Ive always thought about Israel except its crowded and Im not Jewish. Ireland maybe as I'd love the green. Hmmm, guess Im just happy to have been born in the USA. 8-)

Faults? sure, but its still pretty darned good here. If anyone gets real fed up with liberal laws move to North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska or Wyoming. Maybe other states. I might meet you there yet :lol: Not because of politics but because its less crowded and pretty. (personal preference of pretty)

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 9:07 am

warminmn wrote:
Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 9:50 pm
You made me think, just where would i move if I had to move to another country for any reason. Western Canada isnt much more liberal than my state now and its pretty so I could probably live there if I really really had too. Ive always thought about Israel except its crowded and Im not Jewish. Ireland maybe as I'd love the green. Hmmm, guess Im just happy to have been born in the USA. 8-)

Faults? sure, but its still pretty darned good here. If anyone gets real fed up with liberal laws move to North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska or Wyoming. Maybe other states. I might meet you there yet :lol: Not because of politics but because its less crowded and pretty. (personal preference of pretty)
:lol: IF I was going to move due to politics, I'd have gone when I graduated from high school. Everybody thinks NYS is NYC. There are more red counties than blue, but the blue counties have all the large cities. That unfortunately means that all the city folk rule the majority of this largely rural minded state. As much as I disagree with most of the politics, I am located almost perfectly in the middle of the state. We have no poisonous wild critters. Only an occasional bear that passes through, no other large people eating animals, rarely a sasquacth sighting. The weather is reasonable 90% of the time. We rarely see any of.the big storms. Snowstorms tend to slide slightly to our north, hurricane s rarely make it this far in from the coast. Most towns haven't gone WOKE, and the school still allows the band to play Christmas songs and the choir to sing religiously based songs. Although it's not perfect, it is a good place. My daughters boyfriend lives on the outskirts of Oswego. If they should get married and move that way, that would be the only reason for me to consider moving.

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 12:31 pm

My state just passed a series of budget laws, more in line with California laws. Kinda scary but I sure am not looking to leave this country because of it. i just call my state Minnifornia now, lol We had a 17 billion dollar surplus which i knew they would waste but they wasted it and tacked on an annual increase of another 12 billion by raising taxes. How anyone can turn a surplus into a tax increase is amazing but they did it. Plus legalized weed.

Its the same here with the main big city controlling the whole state. Most states seem to operate that way. Ive met plenty of people from NY and PA and liked every one of them except one that was from NYC. Ive met very few people that lived east of NY. Lots of people move here from Chicago and they are all ok cuz they are just glad to be out of Chicago and be where its a little safer. Most people are friendly if you get them out of a big city. All of us can move if we want, even out of country. Try doing that in many other countries and it wont happen. im glad I live here.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 12:41 pm

Looks like warminmn might move to Chicago ? Welcome to Bears land. A town that had a superbowl team and the Packers fans are dirt.

Wait until MN wants to pay reparations ... only cost ya $500,000 warm.

warminmn

Post by warminmn » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 2:17 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 12:41 pm
Looks like warminmn might move to Chicago ? Welcome to Bears land. A town that had a superbowl team and the Packers fans are dirt.

Wait until MN wants to pay reparations ... only cost ya $500,000 warm.
Me in Chicago? nope, never again. Drove thru it once and that was enough. Reparations talk, that wouldnt surprise me one bit. I wouldnt be surprised if we are the 1st true green energy state. The laws already exist and we are ahead of the game. Im not saying I like that but its likely.

At least the Bears hate GB as much as Vikings fans do :D I was hoping Rodgers would go to the Bears :lol:

carlherrnstein
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: combustioneer model 77B
Coal Size/Type: pea stoker/Ohio bituminous

Post by carlherrnstein » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 2:41 pm

The issue is it was done without a permit. I have noticed that all sorts of things require a permit and a fee be paid. Register a vehicle to use on a road, keep a dog, sell eggs, prepare and sell food, hell when I got married I had to pay $45.

mntbugy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D S 1500, Warm Moring 400
Baseburners & Antiques: Art Garland 145,GW114 ,Clarion 115, Vestal 20 Globe,New Royal22 Globe, Red Cross Oak 56,Acme Ventiduct 38,Radiant Airblast 626,Home Airblast 62,Moores #7,Moores 3way
Coal Size/Type: stove and nut and some bit
Other Heating: Propain

Post by mntbugy » Sun. Jun. 04, 2023 3:34 pm

Deleted didn't work.

Paper
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Working on it
Other Heating: Woodland wood stove

Post by Paper » Fri. Jun. 16, 2023 9:41 am

warminmn wrote:
Sat. Jun. 03, 2023 9:50 pm
If anyone gets real fed up with liberal laws move to North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska or Wyoming. Maybe other states. I might meet you there yet :lol: Not because of politics but because its less crowded and pretty. (personal preference of pretty)
569 days until I move to my home in Worland, Wyoming, full time.
That's the day I turn 59 1/2 and can default on the remaining amount of my 401K loan to buy the place. It'll be less than 10K at that time, and I'll be swapping my residency from WI to WY a few months earlier. No state income tax and I'll be past the 10% penalty of defaulting on the loan to myself.

Until then I'll keep plugging away and going out for a couple 2 week vacation periods. :yes:

One of my favorite things is that I can drive less than 5 minutes from my home and not see another human for the next 70 miles of driving, and all on BLM land.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Jun. 16, 2023 1:06 pm

P, no matter where ya move, the govt. will get ya some way, shape, or form. Good luck with the moves.

Paper
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Working on it
Other Heating: Woodland wood stove

Post by Paper » Fri. Jun. 16, 2023 1:17 pm

Agreed.. But I can do what I can to attempt to lessen it as much as I can.

And I like the lack of humidity in WY (as well as the endless outdoor activities)

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Fri. Jun. 16, 2023 1:50 pm

Paper wrote:
Fri. Jun. 16, 2023 9:41 am

One of my favorite things is that I can drive less than 5 minutes from my home and not see another human for the next 70 miles of driving, and all on BLM land.
Hi P, now you have to drive 70 miles to complain about their playing Diggy Diggy Hole song too loud.

Return to “House, Gardening & DIY Projects”