Watch this Space for Further Developments

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 4:22 am

freetown fred wrote:
Thu. Apr. 09, 2020 6:46 am
Sooooo N, how's work goin with your young gangsters?
No idea...

I worked one day with the kids, and then they shut the school down that day. We have not had kids since, and probably will not, until May 1st or so...

I have just been going in to the facility, and cleaning up the place, and helping the guy I am replacing, as he is starting a new Marine Pipe Fitting Class.

NoSmoke
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 11:50 am

Well I finally got some pictures of this new and improved bathroom, or at least the vanity part of it.

I built the new vanity in this project which included two sinks instead of one, then ripped out the drywall and put in shiplap boards, redid the drains so there are two, added two new, old fashioned gate valve faucets, then installed twin lights, and twin mirrors.

I am not sure Katie is going to like the railroad spike soap holders or not, but we shall see when she gets home.

The first picture is the bathroom the way it was a week ago, and then how it is now. Time wise it took me four days of actual work, and about $850 in materials, including plumbing, lumber, sinks, mirrors and lights (everything).
Before Bath Two (1).JPG
.JPG | 312.1KB | Before Bath Two (1).JPG
New Bathroom Vanity.jpg
.JPG | 437.7KB | New Bathroom Vanity.jpg

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 3:46 pm

I like the flower.

NoSmoke

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 6:56 pm

franco b wrote:
Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 3:46 pm
I like the flower.
Yeah I understand. My mother does not like the look of our home either, but it is a timber frame so a little rustic serves the house well.

I do wish the pex plumbing was not so obvious, but maybe I can redo that later so they are a bit more hidden.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 7:16 pm

Things take time N. You'll get to it. I'm thinkin that's a good part of why I'm still alive, I got things to do!!!!!!!!! .>)

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 7:24 pm

I built a half million dollar home for a Dr. and his wife was the daughter of wealthy Canadian attorneys.....his parents were in the Ambassador business it is said. His last name was Jewish and the checks to pay me came from a trust in NYC......His mother showed up, refused to speak to the "help" and sniffed as she went by me that the house was to small.....it was the largest and most finished home I had built and remains the largest......the custom touches were everywhere, But she was used to multimillion dollar flats in NYC.....and summer homes in the Hamptons. Who cares what your mother thinks about it? My MIL didn't like mine or me.....I didn't lose any sleep over it.....

Kevin

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 7:55 pm

It's functional (except for the gate valves) and you got to express yourself, which is a good thing. Individuality is the spice of life, and if Katie loves it you will know she still loves you.

NoSmoke

Post by NoSmoke » Sun. Apr. 12, 2020 3:41 am

Well that is exactly it. I love my Mom, but she lives her life for other people..."what will others thinks/say", is how she views the world. For that reason, her home is built for other people. But then again, it has no character, so it is pretty drab. It's nice...5200 sq ft with 10 car garage, but kind of boring.

Our house was functional, but the great room did not match the back part of the house. So we have been fixing it up with the master bedroom, and the bathroom renovations. We are done now though, and will work on the Inlaw Apartment from here on out.

But Frank B is right. I am a hypocrite in that sense. The faucets are not as functional as they could be, which is funny because I always said that about those old clawfoot tubs that are all the rage. They suck as soaking tubs because they are too short, yet they suck as showers because you have to step up three feet to get inside them, but they do look nice. Kind of like these faucets.

As a side note: Katie did like the railroad spike soap holders!

Benny
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Koker lite- house. Reading- garage
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil

Post by Benny » Tue. Apr. 14, 2020 9:38 am

I’m getting there NoSmoke,a little painting and trim clean up, I could barely walk the last couple of days didn’t feel like running stairs!

Attachments

NoSmoke

Post by NoSmoke » Sun. Apr. 19, 2020 3:46 pm

Looks nice Benny!

I got side-tracked by having to build a duck/chicken coop for my wife, but a "simple duck coop" has turned into a Duck Coop Taj Ma Hal. It is only 8 x 12, but has a concrete floor, rugged framing, window-wall, steel throughout, 36 in wide man door...with window.. duck door...and I have only started to dig the duck pond.

After that is built, she wants a Dog Washing Station in the mud room.

GLekter

Post by GLekter » Sun. Feb. 28, 2021 4:28 pm

I also decided to make a complete renovation in my bathroom because I have saved enough money,I want to put furniture made of good wood that will not deteriorate from humidity. Everything else we bought, all the materials and objects in the bathroom. The most difficult thing was probably choosing a toilet because I wanted to find a very good model. I used an old life hack and found a model through the top on this page where the physical characteristics of the product are well described. I think to buy myself a large round mirror to hang on the wall and expand the visual space. How do you think it is dangerous to put large windows if I have 2 children living in the house?

Return to “House, Gardening & DIY Projects”