Trane xl 1000 a/c unit

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Tue. May. 25, 2021 4:05 pm

Toddburn wrote:
Tue. May. 25, 2021 1:47 pm
Lincoln you will be pleased with the Goodman I put a heat pump in two years ago works great. Per the advice of a buddy who installs Tranes. Keeps the house 72 the unit cycles like you would expect a new one to do and doesn’t run all day like my old one. My buddy said a Goodman is going in his house when his old unit dies.
The heat pump that mom and dad had installed in 1996 is a goodman. has not worked in a while. dad neglected maintenance on everything badly. i tried to fix it in 2018, cleaned both coils, changed capacitor and condenser fan motor and switch, charged it up with r22 and it ran for a few hours before it all leaked out.

the new one going in is a 2.5 ton vs a 2 ton and a/c only. installing it into the oil furnace that was also neglected and has a clogged heat exchanger. it's an air handler now. the man installing the a/c is also going to help me install the oil gun from the furnace into our efm 350 (Scrapper built it, only one known to exist!)

Return to “House, Gardening & DIY Projects”