New to Me Lawnmower -OR- Why I love rich People

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Fri. Jul. 12, 2019 1:38 pm

There is a rod that the closed side exit ports black rubber/plastic "mulching mode side exit cover plate" pivots up/down upon, with spring assist. The side exit chute I have simply clips onto that pivot rod and dangles below the "mulching mode side exit cover plate" (which then "sort of" springs back down and holds the side exit chute in place by spring tension). The side exit port is very cheaply made of flimsy plastic, and it more than occasionally falls off, as there is little to prevent it from doing so. You might be best served by making your own. The factory one is a kludge.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Fri. Jul. 12, 2019 5:17 pm

lsayre wrote:
Fri. Jul. 12, 2019 1:38 pm
There is a rod that the closed side exit ports black rubber/plastic "mulching mode side exit cover plate" pivots up/down upon, with spring assist. The side exit chute I have simply clips onto that pivot rod and dangles below the "mulching mode side exit cover plate" (which then "sort of" springs back down and holds the side exit chute in place by spring tension). The side exit port is very cheaply made of flimsy plastic, and it more than occasionally falls off, as there is little to prevent it from doing so. You might be best served by making your own. The factory one is a kludge.
If I make anything it will be to block that hole on the back so there is no where for the grass to build up. I'd only need to cut it out to whatever the shape is and round it a little. It can be attached right to the deck on one side and the plastic shroud on the other side. It will be removable but the chances of me needing to remove it so I can use the bag are slim to none.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Fri. Jul. 12, 2019 8:52 pm

It was was clogging up but I turned the RPM up a little more, seems to be ok now. By ear doesn't sound to be running too fast. Not sure how you would check. Off too Google it. :D

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Jul. 13, 2019 5:29 am

Congrats on the free mower! Sweet. Yup... SO many small engines go to the junk yard with just "green slime syndrome"... even if it's some other color. Lot's a places around here now have "real gas" for just under $4 a gallon.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Jul. 13, 2019 9:52 pm

Another score today, a guy brought a weed whacker back he bought a few weeks ago asking to return it because he needed the money. He didn't even run through the factory line yet. It's practically brand new. My buddy offered him $20 less than he would of paid for new one from Stihl... it's the cheapest one they make but hard to beat the price of $20 less than dealer cost.

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Fri. Jan. 03, 2020 3:42 pm

Trufuel, the best thing that Lowes or Home Depot sells!

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Fri. Jan. 03, 2020 8:04 pm

my local wawa has ethanol free fuel now, 91 octane, 3 dollars a gallon. i use that in the town car and the f-250 and the small engines now.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Apr. 25, 2020 12:10 pm

What piece of crap, took three whole pulls to start after sitting all winter. :D There is no primer bulb.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 25, 2020 12:22 pm

Damn Richard--??????????? I'd trash it--of course I don't have enough ass to even try to start my old STIHL weed-whackere--YET--!! Actually I'm envious!!! :)

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Apr. 20, 2021 9:09 pm

First mow of the season. Sharpened the blade and put it back on, filled it with gas and it was prime time. First pull...nothing but not unexpected since I emptied it of gas before winter. Second pull... nothing but not completely unexpected. Third pull......nothing, rut roh. Fouth, fifth and sixth....zilch, not even a sputter.... mother trucker.....

Then the golden bulb went off. I took the spark plug wire off for the blade sharpening. Started right up.

Return to “House, Gardening & DIY Projects”