Ford to adopt NACS charging from Tesla

BigBarney

Post by BigBarney » Fri. May. 26, 2023 11:01 am

CCS charging to go away in Ford vehicles... Should happen sooner...

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/e ... ers--.html

It's about time...Farley making good move...

Tesla Model Y going to overtake Toyota as best selling car in the world in 2023... Corolla...

BigBarney

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Fri. May. 26, 2023 12:21 pm

My car cannot support supercharging; max is 220v .

But I don't need supercharging as my car can use gas as a fuel too.

I foresee fights breaking out between Tesla and Ford EV car owners at the charging stations.

BigBarney

Post by BigBarney » Fri. Jun. 09, 2023 8:33 pm

Automakers have to get on the wagon or go belly up... Thats where the fight is...

Petrol sales down 3% and look for big decline in the future...Maybe 10% next year...

All charging stations in North America to be NACS...Tesla will own the large share of chargers...

EA and others are all obsolete... Tesla will be the energy supplier not for just vehicles but all

electric usage. Automakers that don't convert will be out of business...

BigBarney

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 1:30 am

BigBarney wrote:
Fri. Jun. 09, 2023 8:33 pm
Petrol sales down 3% and look for big decline in the future...Maybe 10% next year...
BigBarney
Dont bet on it. Petrol sales down due to Gov tanking the economy trying to fix inflation. Will rebound and continue to rise on supply constraints. Car makers still have to fix the problem of the worthless tradein when battery warranty runs out. May not be fixable. Wouldnt want an F150EV that needs a new one for $30,000.
"Replacing the Ford F-150 Lightning battery can cost around $30,000, depending on which dealer you purchase it from."
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/replacing-ford-f-150 ... ery-cheap/

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 1:39 am

Speaking of battery replacement. How many would buy an ICE vehicle if they found out that the more they drove it the smaller the gas tank gets ?

Paul

k-2

Post by k-2 » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 2:38 am

Sunny Boy wrote:
Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 1:39 am
Speaking of battery replacement. How many would buy an ICE vehicle if they found out that the more they drove it the smaller the gas tank gets ?
Paul
EVs are getting better slowly but i would not write off ICE cars and trucks just yet. There arent enough copper and lithium mines on the planet to convert all cars and trucks to EVs and may never be.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 8:26 am

k-2 wrote:
Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 2:38 am
EVs are getting better slowly but i would not write off ICE cars and trucks just yet. There arent enough copper and lithium mines on the planet to convert all cars and trucks to EVs and may never be.
Long before we get to that point,... there isn't enough grid to charge what we have now, what with governments shutting down power plants while pushing to go with even more electric like here in NYS. :baby:

Paul

k-2

Post by k-2 » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 9:29 am

Sunny Boy wrote:
Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 8:26 am
Long before we get to that point,... there isn't enough grid to charge what we have now, what with governments shutting down power plants while pushing to go with even more electric like here in NYS. :baby:
Paul
The people pushing EVs dont seem to notice that either. The Grid is old and in need of updating anyway,that should come first. Cart before the horse.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 9:56 am

To upgrade the grid they will have to raise electric rates even more than the large rate increases of recent years.

And that will reduce the much-advertised EV savings compared to running an ICE vehicle.

Paul

k-2

Post by k-2 » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 10:06 am

Sunny Boy wrote:
Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 9:56 am
To upgrade the grid they will have to raise electric rates even more than the large rate increases of recent years.
And that will reduce the much-advertised EV savings compared to running an ICE vehicle.
Paul
Why is that? We send hundreds of billions of $ to foreign countries every year. Theres your upgrade money. Only we never see the benefit of it while everything falls apart around us.

nut
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glacier Bay
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: electric

Post by nut » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 4:36 pm

k-2 wrote:
Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 1:30 am
Dont bet on it. Petrol sales down due to Gov tanking the economy trying to fix inflation. Will rebound and continue to rise on supply constraints. Car makers still have to fix the problem of the worthless tradein when battery warranty runs out. May not be fixable. Wouldnt want an F150EV that needs a new one for $30,000.
"Replacing the Ford F-150 Lightning battery can cost around $30,000, depending on which dealer you purchase it from."
Everyone has been predicting a recession but so far so good. Even Wallstreet is agreeing it might be mild. Personally at my age I like interest rates where they are. 0 percent interest was just a gift to Wallstreet.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 5:06 pm

k-2 wrote:
Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 1:30 am
What about insurance when it cost 60k to fix that truck after a fender bender.

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sat. Jun. 10, 2023 5:45 pm

I’m a fan of keeping all the flavors we can available. We have too much dependency on way too many aspects of our life. If we learned anything from this Covid shitshow , if we need to switch to flavor B from flavor A we gotta have it in the salad. Gas, diesel, electric, natural gas, propane…. Mix it where ya can and maximize the best flavor where it makes sense for you. I’d love an electric but I’ll never leave an ICE vehicle. We are a 2 car family and I’m lucky enough to have a company vehicle. Somehow all the automobile manufacturers came together at 1 point to agree on fuel octanes. No way they didn’t. This is a logical step for any manufacturer whose toes are in the electric market.

This belly up nonsense is stupid and exactly why we depend on china. Stop with this all or gloom and doom B.S

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Sun. Jun. 11, 2023 8:25 am

I'm a fan of, and use, various technologies also.

But technologies that are good enough that they sell themselves. The world is full of examples of good-idea technology that people willingly buy. Being able to discuss this here involves quite a bit of those.

However, I'm not a fan of technologies that only make sense for a limited few and are such a poor idea for the majority that governments have to take our tax dollars to try and help it sell, and then make laws to force us to have to buy it when the tax dollars they threw at it fail.

The proof is that EVs have been for sale for close to three decades now (actually historically for 130+ years) and are such a poor idea that they are still a very small share of the vehicle market. And the technology is not a recent thing. Large rechargeable battery power has been used for many decades in many forms, such as underwater craft, space vehicles, golf carts. I spent many years using a Clark electric forklift indoors in a museum storage facility.

It's not gloom and doom to point all that out. It's called common sense. ;)

Paul

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Jun. 11, 2023 12:05 pm

204.JPG
.JPG | 51KB | 204.JPG
Bam ! Problem solved. :clap:

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”