New to me Pickup truck.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Apr. 08, 2023 3:19 pm

k-2 wrote:
Sat. Apr. 08, 2023 3:07 pm
I just set off the radiation alarm at my local landfill and had to practically rip apart my whole load of junk i was dumping before we realized it was ME that was radioactive. I had one of those stress tests a few days before where they inject you with a radioactive isotope so they can get a clear picture of your circulatory system. The manager of the land fill said it would take about 2 weeks before i was not radioactive any more and wouldn't set off his alarms. Hard to believe i was rejected by the local dump as a toxic hazardous substance. :lol:
It could have been worse - the same thing happened to my dad at the Canadian border shortly after 9/11.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Apr. 08, 2023 3:34 pm

k-2 wrote:
Sat. Apr. 08, 2023 3:07 pm
I just set off the radiation alarm at my local landfill and had to practically rip apart my whole load of junk i was dumping before we realized it was ME that was radioactive. I had one of those stress tests a few days before where they inject you with a radioactive isotope so they can get a clear picture of your circulatory system. The manager of the land fill said it would take about 2 weeks before i was not radioactive any more and wouldn't set off his alarms. Hard to believe i was rejected by the local dump as a toxic hazardous substance. :lol:
I assume he's let you dump after he discovered it was you. And then you went back and dumped a bunch of radioactive waste as he just waved you through thinking it was you setting off his detector.

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sat. Apr. 08, 2023 5:24 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Sat. Apr. 08, 2023 3:34 pm
I assume he's let you dump after he discovered it was you. And then you went back and dumped a bunch of radioactive waste as he just waved you through thinking it was you setting off his detector.
Actually a had to have my 15 yr old drive the load over the scale to verify there was nothing radioactive in there. Everyone got a good laugh out of it though. And i glow in the dark.

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”