Electric Cars: Inconvenient Facts, Part 2

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. Nov. 24, 2022 5:33 pm

gaw wrote:
Thu. Nov. 24, 2022 11:52 am
Standby generators, the larger industrial type have become ubiquitous in the last twenty years. Look behind any commercial building and you will see it. The cold storage warehouse I work from has huge generators parked on the premises just in case. Generators built on a semi-trailer. Maybe they are getting ready for The Great Transformation.

Yet the EV Coolaid drinkers say that all we need is batteries to get through those outages.

There were thousands without power for weeks after Hurricane Gloria. How long would expensive batteries have helped them ?

I was lucky, my block was only without electricity for four days. The street behind our place was without power for two weeks. I ran an extension cord out of my garage so the neighbor behind our place could run his refrigerator and a few lights.

Now having many years living through upstate NY winters, the EV mob would change their tune with a typical winter power outages around here. It's so common that almost every home has a wood or coal stove as backup.

Paul

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”