Ford ICE to layoff 8,000 employees

BigBarney

Post by BigBarney » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 10:04 am

This is just the start..... 25% in the first cut... Put investment in the future...

New hires at EV to be about 6,000 so a net 2000 cut...

https://electrek.co/2022/07/20/ev-reckoning-comes ... ification/

They don't need engines and transmissions... Less complex cars less parts..

BigBarney

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 10:16 am

Well BB they are on the edge of being bankrupt right now.. this should seal their fate. Building a chitload of stuff that no one wants that should definitely speed their recovery. Competing against GM EVs that are being thrown together in Mexico, I will line up at the dealer.

So should I trade in my red 2018 Mustang 5.0 GT. my 2020 Shelby 350GT, or my sons 2018 bitter orange mustang GT. Bought to MAKE money. Collector cars that are a sure winner as Ford is making junk. Fire all your skill set ... a stroke of genius.

I am listening carefully to that Aussie .. surf boards and kangaroos hahahahhahaa

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 10:52 am

Sorry BB, but your video guy hasn't been keeping up with the economy. The layoffs are not because of pushing EVs it's because the poor economy has made to auto market very slow. And adding to the problem is not being able to get enough computer chips for all the computer whiz-bang stuff that new vehicles are now loaded with.

And it's not just impacting Ford. Those that can afford to buy can't get new vehicles. Freind from Connecticut just had to wait three months to get a new Subaru. Every dealership we drive by, no matter what brand, has hardly any new inventory. Plus, they are begging for used cars just to have something on the lot to get some cash-flow.

Melissa wanted to trade up to something bigger before her Ford got too many miles on it. Only two weeks ago we went doing all the Ford dealerships in northeastern NY and southern Vermont. They are all hurting for customers because the economy is in the toilet and people are afraid to buy or can't afford to spend that much now.

Paul

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 10:53 am

Any corporation that goes all in on a particular subset could go boom or busy. EV's are too political in nature and it's politicians to blame. I'd buy a tesla, but I'd also buy a 3/4 ton diesel with none of that Def emissions BS. They politicized the *censored* outta it and now you segregated consumers not on performance or desire. Woke is BS to me but some live it like it's gospel. Whatever, its nice not all being the same. Fords demise will be because the failure to remember the solid base of consumer for the products they did offer. That and the damn things rattle after 2000miles haha.

Retro_Origin
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1957 Axeman Anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat / Pea

Post by Retro_Origin » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 12:45 pm

ICE are so outdated we need to make up something to replace them, even if it doesn't work. This is so embarrassing to have technology around that's over 100 years old...no way, is your iPhone more than two years old? You should be so ashamed, that's literally sinning against man to have such a fossil. Fads fads, shame shame, all humanities' pride and arrogance will waltz them right down the path of destruction. May emotions and select information be our guide, and may history and science burn!

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 3:12 pm

and yet you use 300 million year old fuel. Now run along to the plumbing store and get an electric boiler ... clueless

theo

Post by theo » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 3:12 pm

anthony7812 wrote:
Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 10:53 am
Any corporation that goes all in on a particular subset could go boom or busy. EV's are too political in nature and it's politicians to blame. I'd buy a tesla, but I'd also buy a 3/4 ton diesel with none of that Def emissions BS. They politicized the *censored* outta it and now you segregated consumers not on performance or desire. Woke is BS to me but some live it like it's gospel. Whatever, its nice not all being the same. Fords demise will be because the failure to remember the solid base of consumer for the products they did offer. That and the damn things rattle after 2000miles haha.
While the ford may rattle after 2000 miles at least their not like a dodge that you can no longer drive after 1000 miles!!!! :D Remember, 97% of dodge trucks are still on the road, the other 3% made it home! :D

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 3:28 pm

That and the damn things rattle after 2000miles haha.
and you will have to pluck my Ford 2000 F350 7.3 from my cold dead hands

mntbugy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D S 1500, Warm Moring 400
Baseburners & Antiques: Art Garland 145,GW114 ,Clarion 115, Vestal 20 Globe,New Royal22 Globe, Red Cross Oak 56,Acme Ventiduct 38,Radiant Airblast 626,Home Airblast 62,Moores #7,Moores 3way
Coal Size/Type: stove and nut and some bit
Other Heating: Propain

Post by mntbugy » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 4:41 pm

That rattle and whistle noise, coming from the motor is music to my ears. Better than a radio... :D :yes: :out: :what:

theo

Post by theo » Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 5:21 pm

mntbugy wrote:
Sat. Jul. 23, 2022 4:41 pm
That rattle and whistle noise, coming from the motor is music to my ears. Better than a radio... :D :yes: :out: :what:
Also gives her some character and bad a** attitude!!! :yes:

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”