New Ford 150 Lightning

Paper
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Working on it
Other Heating: Woodland wood stove

Post by Paper » Fri. Mar. 31, 2023 1:18 pm

I get it..
I'm guessing both of my Chrysler products were built either the day before, or the day after a holiday. Both were junk and there was a 12 year span between their ages. My last GM product wasn't much better, and it was owned by a guy who retired from GM and watched it being built. At less than 50K the steering box went out.

Luck of the draw, I'm guessing.

For an almost 30 year span I rented cars or trucks for work, typically 3 out of every 4 weeks. It gave me a chance to drive a lot of vehicles and see the good and bad. I had a drivers side rear window fall into the door on a brand new Ford Taurus that had 3 miles on it when I left the Hertz booth in Portland, Maine. Luckily I was able to pull it up and duct tape it to the door in the up position, as it was -10 degrees outside. When I brought it back they said "yep, they do that".. :lol:

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Fri. Mar. 31, 2023 1:34 pm

So pretty much you can get a lemon or multiple lemons from any Car company. Iv always figured that was the case. All are capable of making great vehicles and all are capable of pushing out lemons given the huge sheer numbers of cars on the road. Not sure why the toyota parts are so expensive unless they come from toyota and not aftermarket suppliers. But i went though exhaust parts like crazy and im sure they were aftermarket but still expensive.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Fri. Mar. 31, 2023 4:25 pm

Paper wrote:
Fri. Mar. 31, 2023 11:11 am
We all have stories like this. I currently own 2 Toyotas and have had nothing but the best of luck with the products, and like you, I had 2 absolute lemon Chrysler (Dodge) products and will never own another. On top of that, I had a few Dodge stuff as rental cars when I was travelling all the time and I refused to rent them, and Mustangs. The Mustangs were because of the seat and leg position and it was uncomfortable for me..
I had a dodge car that was a 3 speed auto. The car would not shift into 3rd. I drove it around anyways ... screaming in 2nd gear at 60 mph. MOPARs .. you know what your getting

k-2

Post by k-2 » Fri. Apr. 07, 2023 10:37 am

More regulation to push up ICE car prices as if higher interest rates didnt add enough extra cost . Plus Pushing EVS with out grid capacity to run them nor the minerals to produce them. All while claiming to reduce cost to consumers,. So bizzare,you cant make this stuff up.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-considerin ... ax-credits

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Fri. Apr. 07, 2023 2:54 pm

k-2 wrote:
Fri. Apr. 07, 2023 10:37 am
More regulation to push up ICE car prices as if higher interest rates didnt add enough extra cost . Plus Pushing EVS with out grid capacity to run them nor the minerals to produce them. All while claiming to reduce cost to consumers,. So bizzare,you cant make this stuff up.
And scare tactics that if we don't buy EV's the seas will rise,... while the big shots are buying ocean front mansions without any solar panels or windmills. Does anyone think there is a poorly hidden agenda to get the little guy's money into the pockets of those pushing glo-bull warming ?

Paul

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Fri. Apr. 07, 2023 4:02 pm

I have fun and call legislators and ask what is the target for carbon dioxide in the atm.

Most say "I don't know".

Or ask what is the target for carbon monoxide in the atm.

They have no clue. Record them and play the recordings to folks.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Fri. Apr. 07, 2023 6:32 pm

k-2 wrote:
Fri. Apr. 07, 2023 10:37 am
To prevent carbon emissions, Biden should place a fat tax on people..fatter=more carbon to move and they don't walk anywhere for some.

I say 2 million dollar tax per pound for fatties.

Use the money to make more fatties.

An exponential explosion of tax revenue to pay off the national debt in 3 years.

Your welcome.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Apr. 22, 2023 2:28 am

Vid discussing EV Lightning range in cold weather.

With my Volt, I noticed in summer EV range is 40 miles. In winter 30 miles.

Its a common characteristic of EVs. Issue with the ford truck is its dead when out of battery whereas my Volt just switches to gasoline fuel to power the propulsion.

k-2

Post by k-2 » Sat. Apr. 22, 2023 11:27 am

I dont see any hybrids like the volt coming to market ,just more 100% EVs. The cost of the small backup engine should be offset by the much smaller battery pack. I guess GM just didnt make any profit on volts.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Apr. 22, 2023 2:15 pm

k-2 wrote:
Sat. Apr. 22, 2023 11:27 am
I dont see any hybrids like the volt coming to market ,just more 100% EVs. The cost of the small backup engine should be offset by the much smaller battery pack. I guess GM just didnt make any profit on volts.
https://www.toyota.com/priusprime/

https://global.honda/innovation/technology/automo ... /PHEV.html

Used to be Volt, Hyundia Ionic Plug-in Hybrid, Prius version, and Honda Clarity. I think the Toy and Honda can still be bought new. I almost went with the Honda when I bought my Volt.

Edit..after searching on autotrader..

I think Honda lists it but I cannot find any new..Toy still has inventory.

k-2

Post by k-2 » Sat. Apr. 22, 2023 2:25 pm

The honda looks good. Prius is just way too small. OK for a few people but too small for anything else. How about the the plugin RAV 4 SUV. 42 EV range and 40 on gas.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Apr. 22, 2023 5:28 pm

k-2 wrote:
Sat. Apr. 22, 2023 2:25 pm
The honda looks good. Prius is just way too small. OK for a few people but too small for anything else. How about the the plugin RAV 4 SUV. 42 EV range and 40 on gas.
Never examined any SUVs ... they are too big for my garage. I could clean out the garage but that's just crazy

BigBarney

Post by BigBarney » Tue. Apr. 25, 2023 11:12 am

Why haul around that heavy engine and still need fuel to go anywhere?

New BEV can go 300-400 miles ona charge which is plenty especially when

they can charge up fast.

Hybrid sales have been going down for years..

BigBarney

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Apr. 25, 2023 11:34 am

BigBarney wrote:
Tue. Apr. 25, 2023 11:12 am
Why haul around that heavy engine and still need fuel to go anywhere?

New BEV can go 300-400 miles ona charge which is plenty especially when

they can charge up fast.

Hybrid sales have been going down for years..

BigBarney

300-400 miles for a lot of big commercial trucks in not "plenty".

And those "heavy engines and fuel" are still lighter than the weight of batteries, which are not big enough to do even the same distances.

The Ford F-150 gains 1600 lbs in EV form compared to it with a gas engine. That takes a toll on tires and suspension. Bought any truck tires lately ? :o

Paul

k-2

Post by k-2 » Tue. Apr. 25, 2023 1:25 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Tue. Apr. 25, 2023 11:34 am
The Ford F-150 gains 1600 lbs in EV form compared to it with a gas engine. That takes a toll on tires and suspension. Bought any truck tires lately ? :o
Paul
Yea and a small generator motor does not weigh 1600lbs . The expensive and heavy battery could be 80% smaller if there were a small range extending generator onboard like the volt has.

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”