grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sun. May. 30, 2021 8:25 pm

We would just toss it..

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sun. May. 30, 2021 9:41 pm

Lack of PPE is appalling!

They say a poor carpenter always blames his tools. These guys are essentially fabricating radiators in tents with crude hand tools and here all a guy needs is a shiny $20,000 Snap-on tool chest and he thinks he's a master mechanic.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. May. 31, 2021 6:58 am

LOL--indeed Glen. :)

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Mon. May. 31, 2021 7:52 am

I love the leak test. They made do with what they have.

2001Sierra
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34

Post by 2001Sierra » Mon. May. 31, 2021 10:31 pm

Just swapped the rad in the wife minivan a couple of weeks ago. No leaks and all connections went well and I was pleased. Seeing this I did basically nothing.
We have 2 vehicles 20 plus years old in upstate NY and both work and look good but you have to put the time in.

ciocalatavhod

Post by ciocalatavhod » Sun. Nov. 06, 2022 6:03 pm

These people will have everything but electrical appliances working because there is a constant problem with grounding and current. A bad carpenter is said to always blame his tools. These guys are basically making radiators in tents with crude hand tools, and all a guy needs is a shiny $20,000 Snap-on tool chest to think he's a master mechanic. Well yeah, if you do it for the views you can laugh and you can buy https://famoid.com/buy-real-youtube-views/ so you don't hurt yourself with those radiators.

Holdencoal

Post by Holdencoal » Mon. Nov. 07, 2022 5:11 am

I always see these videos pop up in my feed. If they pouring metal machining an engine block or handling nuclear waste, open toes are a requirement.

Retro_Origin
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1957 Axeman Anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat / Pea

Post by Retro_Origin » Mon. Nov. 07, 2022 7:08 am

Holdencoal wrote:
Mon. Nov. 07, 2022 5:11 am
Open toes are a requirement.
Haha! Great way of putting it! Watching these movies makes me doubt how smart Americans usually think we are...in fact many times when doing car repairs and having hit a dead end I think to myself "if I was in (insert unsafe foreign country) and the sun was going down and I was on a rural road by myself and this happened....what would I do?"

bruker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Wehrle Placid

Post by bruker » Mon. Nov. 07, 2022 8:05 am

That video shows why we cannot compete with offshore companies. No PPE, EPA, or union organization.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Mon. Nov. 07, 2022 1:17 pm

bruker wrote:
Mon. Nov. 07, 2022 8:05 am
That video shows why we cannot compete with offshore companies. No PPE, EPA, or union organization.
Don't forget OSHA.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Nov. 07, 2022 2:30 pm

And no cost of workman's comp, or business insurance, ....... and state and fed taxes.

When you own a small business here, it's easy to feel like you're working to make money for everyone but yourself. There's a long list of people you HAVE TO pay before you get to pay yourself, ..... if there's anything leftover. :roll:

Paul

carlherrnstein
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: combustioneer model 77B
Coal Size/Type: pea stoker/Ohio bituminous

Post by carlherrnstein » Sun. Nov. 13, 2022 1:23 pm

It's astonishing what people can do, especially when time is cheaper than materials

XayvionMoore

Post by XayvionMoore » Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 9:47 am

ciocalatavhod wrote:
Sun. Nov. 06, 2022 6:03 pm
These people will have everything but electrical appliances working because there is a constant problem with grounding and current. A bad carpenter is said to always blame his tools. These guys are basically making radiators in tents with crude hand tools, and all a guy needs is a shiny $20,000 Snap-on tool chest to think he's a master mechanic. Well yeah, if you do it for the views you can laugh and you can buy real youtube views so you don't hurt yourself with those radiators.
This is one of the most authentic options that will increase the number of video views.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 3:14 pm

Slightly off topic but I have been on a bender watching these "Tribal people try...." videos. They are feeding rural Pakistanis American food. It's really cool to see their reaction to things that are common to us.

There is another channel where they are showing them modern things from simple toasters to views from space. Things that were modern 150 years ago are new to them. These people I believe are from India. I can't imagine what they are thinking when they see an aircraft carrier but then again they can't really fully grasp the technology involved compared to a toaster.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 3:24 pm

Richard S. wrote:
Tue. Apr. 11, 2023 3:14 pm
Slightly off topic but I have been on a bender watching these "Tribal people try...." videos. They are feeding rural Pakistanis American food. It's really cool to see their reaction to things that are common to us.

There is another channel where they are showing them modern things from simple toasters to views from space. Things that were modern 150 years ago are new to them. These people I believe are from India. I can't imagine what they are thinking when they see an aircraft carrier but then again they can't really fully grasp the technology involved compared to a toaster.

Funny thing is many of those people eat most of their food with their fingers and when it comes to finger food they use a spoon. My in-laws are like that. They eat spaghetti with their fingers and pizza with a spoon.

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”