Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Thu. Oct. 24, 2019 10:42 am

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Thu. Oct. 24, 2019 9:25 pm

A couple companies are working on compressed air cars. Including Tata Motors (don't laugh, they own Jaguar and Land Rover and Daewoo). Fortune lists them as the 265th largest company in the world. I believe they intend to release the first air car in 2020. Specs include an 80 mile range, top speed of 50 MPH, and it re-fuels in 2 minutes.

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Fri. Oct. 25, 2019 9:37 am

lsayre wrote:
Thu. Oct. 24, 2019 9:25 pm
A couple companies are working on compressed air cars. Including Tata Motors (don't laugh, they own Jaguar and Land Rover and Daewoo). Fortune lists them as the 265th largest company in the world. I believe they intend to release the first air car in 2020. Specs include an 80 mile range, top speed of 50 MPH, and it re-fuels in 2 minutes.
Didn't see a link Larry,so i looked found this one. https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/hybrid-elec ... -car-myth/

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Fri. Oct. 25, 2019 3:43 pm

Tata will make it happen, whether it makes sense or not. Their chief design engineer on this project used to be a top rated Formula One race car designer from France.

I just looked it up and the first compressed air carriage to run without rails hit the streets of France in 1844. So this isn't actually a new idea.

joethemechanic

Post by joethemechanic » Mon. Jan. 27, 2020 9:25 am

Water powered BS crap. I swear these dam Millennial journalists are getting stupider by the minute.

And compressed air, WTF. Sure you can make it work but the adiabatic efficiency sucks. Your typical pneumatic system used in industry operates at about 12% efficiency

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Jan. 27, 2020 10:56 am

Come on J & L---we got water powered toilets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Sorry B, couldn't help myself!!! :)

joethemechanic

Post by joethemechanic » Mon. Jan. 27, 2020 11:39 am

freetown fred wrote:
Mon. Jan. 27, 2020 10:56 am
Come on J & L---we got water powered toilets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Sorry B, couldn't help myself!!! :)
But,,,,but,,,,,but, the oil industry, the Pentagon, the Illuminati, and the Reptilians murdered Stan with the help of the Greys

And I'm pretty sure this guy had to go into hiding

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Jan. 27, 2020 11:52 am

freetown fred wrote:
Mon. Jan. 27, 2020 10:56 am
Yup, and you know what those are also full of,........ :lol:

Paul

joethemechanic

Post by joethemechanic » Mon. Jan. 27, 2020 1:06 pm

I love how they show it blowing steam out the exhaust at almost 1,000 BTU per pound, that's proof that it's efficient

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Mon. Jan. 27, 2020 1:12 pm

Seems more like a commercial to sell investing in the company, rather than any proof of concept.

Too early to sell your tulip shares yet.

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Wed. Feb. 26, 2020 7:19 am

Crowley I think proved that there would be water powered cars, but it is nothing like they show here. In his case, a custom cam maker, he invented the six stroke engine, and I strongly feel that will be the wave of the future.

Why would it not, a person gets a free power stroke just by injecting water at the right time, and rids the engine of heat reducing the parasitic load of the cooling system? That is pretty cool.

They would be better for locomotives and gensets then cars granted, because it could haul around fuel and water easier then a car, but they say what is old is new again, so maybe it is time to go back to the steam engine...of sorts...a gasoline and steam hybrid engine.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Thu. Apr. 30, 2020 11:23 pm

I thought Honda or some other big company already accomplished this 10-15 years ago. Don’t recall who it was , but I remember being in the dentist office and showing to my wife the back cover of a National Grographic magazine that showed two to three guys in white coats standing next to a chassis and drivetrain and one guy was holding a glass of water while standing next to the fuel fill, and another guy holding a glass under the tail pipe. The remarks were, l”Water in, water out.”

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”