Tesla Truck

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Fri. Oct. 04, 2019 9:22 pm

When does it end? The stupidity is amazing.....one of the reasons for leaving Maine.

Kevin

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Fri. Oct. 04, 2019 10:16 pm

rberq wrote:
Fri. Oct. 04, 2019 3:24 pm
Would any of us do such a thing? ;) :D :lol:
I don’t mind a little jest once in awhile, I’m not a total stick in the mud. We really practice such poo-throwing very professionally in FSC. :D

However, at the same time, I walked away from a truck body manufacturer that built tri-axle coal beds for my family’s trucks for over 40 years. The place had simply grown too big for its shorts and there was no personal touch anymore, you were now only a number. When the salesman thought he knew more about what we needed than what we ourselves did, it was now time to part ways. We have been doing this longer than you’ve been alive Mr. Salesman... have a nice day.

My point... you better be damn certain that you know the nuts and bolts of the product you are trying to sell. You may sell someone an empty bag one time but that will be the last time. We have a long way to go on any kind of over-the-road electric truck... mainly the infrastructure needed to support it. Diesel is here and diesel is now so until that day comes it remains to me (and virtually everyone else) nothing more than a novelty.

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sun. Oct. 06, 2019 11:04 am

rberq wrote:
Fri. Oct. 04, 2019 9:23 am
Considering how little (hopefully!) a whole-house generator will be used, it may make more sense financially to go with the one that costs one-third as much. If the less-expensive one is going to outlive me anyhow, why pay for one that will outlast me by more? :? Add to that the ready availability of LP for home delivery, and the simplicity of storing it, compared to diesel.
I opted for none at all. My biggest concern was heat in an extended power outage. So i installed a wood stove that can heat the whole place with no power and is also a good backup heat source when the Coal boiler is down for repairs from time to time. A generator wont do that for me. A WS is something that can be used anytime ,not just waiting around for an emergency. After 30 yrs living here and the longest power outage was about 2 hr ,even the deep freezer made it through just fine.

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”