Lithium Jump Starter

top top

Post by top top » Sun. May. 07, 2017 1:03 pm

Anyone have any first hand experience with them care to comment. A friend is looking at one for his boats. The lightweight, compact size, and no need to recharge it all season unless it is used are why he is looking at Lithium over lead/acid type. He is looking at this one for the crab boat. It is equipped with a single 8d battery, 115 hp outboard that is normally never shut down. It has the normal stuff, bilge pumps, nav lights, electronics package, plus a heavy duty 12 volt windlass to recover the trot lines and anchors. The jump box would only for emergencies if something should kill the 8d.

http://www.tristatebattery.com/noco-gb40-genius-boost-plus-1000-amp-12v-ultrasafe-lithium-jump-p-1387.html

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. May. 07, 2017 1:12 pm

We had something similar at our farm, just a larger version. It worked very well.

The security department where I work also has one - they use it when people forget their lights on, etc.

top top

Post by top top » Sat. May. 13, 2017 9:27 am

Thanks Rob. He bought the one in the link. Hopefully he'll never need it, at least not on the water. I'm a little doubtful it will start the boat and bring the gear back onboard if it were needed. I guess he could haul the lines by hand, mark the anchors with floats, and pick them up later.

BTW, I turned down an invite for a night trip. Just not into running an open boat on cold water anymore. Surface water temps are still in the 50's and it gets cold running at night. But they did ok. Not sure how many were released, but they kept four at 60lbs each.
Black Drum 5-11-2017 (3).JPG
.JPG | 78.8KB | Black Drum 5-11-2017 (3).JPG

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”