Tesla Now the Most Valuable Car Company in the USA

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 2:16 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 12:13 pm
Friday Musk announced he was backing off on going private with Tesla and the stock drops even more. Seems those that know more about it pointed out to him why it wouldn't work.

Paul
Seems it was only a dream that became to him a reality due to a bit too much hard partying causing his perception of reality to drift a bit into fantasy land.

If he wasn't a god of the left, his bender induced dream might have him worrying about going to prison for illegally financially ruining a bunch of short sellers when he caused the stock to jump up a bunch due to his saying that he had the financial backing to buy all outstanding shares at $420 per share. But who cares about the fully legal short sellers when the preservation of the environment is at stake. Subjective justice likely has already determined that the short sellers deserved what he gave them good and hard because they wanted to see his stock fall, and that might cause Tesla bankruptcy, and that would set back electric cars perhaps for decades, and that would hurt the environment. So he had to violate their legality in order to save the trees, and that makes whatever he did OK. Now the government will probably see how close he came to ruin while fighting to save the trees and extend him all sorts of financial aid and incentives.

BigBarney

Post by BigBarney » Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 6:15 pm

How can you compare Rt 22 with any real highway ?

When I lived in Houston TX we had a real highway I 10 , 26 lanes wide and real traffic ,

219,000 vehicles a day.

https://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2016/ ... -turner-t/

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-worlds-11-wil ... er-built-7

Tesla up to over 6,000 per day and going up .

Tell me what other automaker has orders for 400,000+ cars?

If they did they would be partying in the streets .

BigBarney

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 6:23 pm

As to the 2 US bigs (who reside among the others), how do they both sell roughly 2.2 million vehicles annually if they have no advanced orders?

BB, at what minimum recommended annual family level of income do you personally begin to recommend Tesla vehicles as the family's vehicle of choice over any/all other alternatives? And at what lowest level of FICO Score would you permit a Tesla loan to go through? 500, 550, 600, 650, 700, 750, 800. Your pick.
Last edited by lsayre on Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 6:24 pm

BigBarney wrote:
Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 6:15 pm

When I lived in Houston TX we had a real highway I 10 , 26 lanes wide and real traffic ,

219,000 vehicles a day.

BigBarney

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 6:44 pm

400,000 orders? Does that include all the orders cancelled because people didn't want to wait for who-knows-how-long to get a car ? And, will Tesla still be in business long enough to fill all those orders ? :roll:

So, how many cars do you think other makers such as Ford and GM already have in inventory at dealership and regional storage lots all across the country ? They don't need to fill orders, they've already built them. Ford sold over 6.6 million cars and GM sold 9.6 million cars just in 2017 …. they're too busy selling cars to be "partying in the streets". :yes:

BTW, has the percentage of EV cars, that you said are making ICE cars obsolete, gotten up to 2% of all the cars on the road in the USA, yet ?

Edit to add,.... while Ford and GM were both selling well into the millions of cars in 2017, Tesla was barely able to break 100K. :roll:

400,000 orders ? GM was doing that about every 2-1/2 weeks and Ford every 3 weeks in 2017.

Paul
Last edited by Sunny Boy on Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Must. maintain. narrative.

Tesla isn’t a car company, it’s a money-raising, cash-burning scam.

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 8:41 pm

BigBarney wrote:
Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 6:15 pm

219,000 vehicles a day.

BigBarney
Only for clarification of my previous post Barney do you deserve a response from me.

I never called RT 22 a “real highway”... in fact it is more of a piece of crap than anything, constantly falling apart from the endless parade of coal trucks hauling into the power plants that do not exist in your mind. The stretch that I travel is some of the heaviest traffic outside the major cities in the STATE OF PA not in the Nation as you did assume. I’m not as low educated as what you try to portray me as. I have made a few laps around the US too, but I generally spent more time observing than I did speaking. Just saying, ya know.

So what your telling me now is if I drove in Houston’s real highways I would have observed about 5 Tesla cars by now?

The way you talk I should be seeing these things left and right and I...wait... wait... wait... and all I see are dirty VW diesels driving by that you said were already in the boneyard. :lol:

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 10:24 pm

He is predictable....like the looney left we observe in the media every day.

Kevin

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 10:30 pm

Yes, but the fact that he drives a truck makes him a useful member of society. :D

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Sorry, I recognize the jest in your post....BB is my target as his rhetoric is annoyingly monotone...like an autistic person.

Kevin

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Tue. Aug. 28, 2018 5:27 am

Tesla Model 3 production has slipped and they have not been able to make 5,000 per week:
During the current quarter, Model 3 production is still very volatile and it has been limited to about 3,500 to ~4,900 per week based on a 7 day moving total.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-27/tesla-m ... w-guidance

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Tue. Aug. 28, 2018 6:16 am

Sunny Boy wrote:
Mon. Aug. 27, 2018 12:13 pm
Friday Musk announced he was backing off on going private with Tesla and the stock drops even more. Seems those that know more about it pointed out to him why it wouldn't work.

Paul
I can't see how he gets away with manipulating the price like he did earlier with false information. It will be interesting to see how this works out for Elon. His obsession with short sellers is bizarre. Short sellers have nothing to do with weather or not Tesla makes money just like betting a team will win or loose has nothing to do with weather they actually win or loose.

I highly doubt Musk goes to prison but some type of fine or sanction has to be imposed.

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Tue. Aug. 28, 2018 7:54 am

BB is my target as his rhetoric is annoyingly monotone...like an autistic person.
and as such will not listen to reasoned arguments. Do not engage if it bothers you. I find it hilarious but the end of summer comes in three weeks and so I will focus elsewhere on this wonderful board. All I got right now is BB and stories of FF sexual antics. Right now the latter would be more entertaining if Fred would open up. The only reason it bothers me a bit is my taxes go down the chit hole and I resent that.

Much more entertaining is the raft of Tesla competitors that are nearing the market. I am also interested in new MB/BMW/Audi models as I change the oil filter on my Hyundai. Don't let it get under your skin.

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Aug. 28, 2018 8:50 am

gaw wrote:
Tue. Aug. 28, 2018 6:16 am
I can't see how he gets away with manipulating the price like he did earlier with false information. It will be interesting to see how this works out for Elon. His obsession with short sellers is bizarre. Short sellers have nothing to do with weather or not Tesla makes money just like betting a team will win or loose has nothing to do with weather they actually win or loose.

I highly doubt Musk goes to prison but some type of fine or sanction has to be imposed.

It's about his oversized ego and drive for control. Stock price feeds his ego, until it interferes with his control. He doesn't need the money. To many of the very wealthy, money is just a yard stick for how much they are winning.

Paul

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Tue. Aug. 28, 2018 10:34 am

If the stock price is high enough, (360?) then bonds can be paid with stock instead of cash when they come due. Less pressure to come up with the cash.

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”