Tesla Now the Most Valuable Car Company in the USA

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Feb. 23, 2021 4:26 pm

WHOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Last edited by freetown fred on Tue. Feb. 23, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Feb. 23, 2021 4:27 pm

That'll never float Glen, the mans talkin common sense--obviously not a politician!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
gaw wrote:
Tue. Feb. 23, 2021 3:08 pm

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Tue. Feb. 23, 2021 5:10 pm

Scotty's videos are pretty good and entertaining. He mentioned he grew up in Buffalo NY if I remember correctly.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Tue. Feb. 23, 2021 6:15 pm

Yep, he is good--like I said, COMMON SENSE! :)

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. May. 22, 2021 8:37 pm

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/05/22/cons ... -the-name/

Lets get this old thread out again.....still waiting for my flying car. Seems someone has some interesting flying objects off Va. but I havn't got one yet.....

Kevin

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sun. May. 23, 2021 12:32 am

BigBarney wrote:
Wed. Feb. 03, 2021 2:11 pm
Gotta make the slow learners pay and it will be even more especially in Europe
Very true, 35 cents/kWh is outrageous price. Hopefully people here in the US come to their senses before it's too late.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sun. May. 23, 2021 8:43 am

SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all wonderful if ya got $$$$ to squander!!! So many GREEN oriented projects have sht the bed--why fall for it this time around??????????????????

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Sun. May. 23, 2021 9:20 am

KLook wrote:
Sat. May. 22, 2021 8:37 pm
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/05/22/cons ... -the-name/
Lets get this old thread out again.....still waiting for my flying car. Seems someone has some interesting flying objects off Va. but I haven't got one yet.....
Kevin
Are we talkin like the Zetzons? Never gunna happen. The public can't even control themselves correctly single plane, (on the ground). You think there are a lot of accidents now? Put half these drivers (morons) in the sky, and then you'll really see catastrophes.
As for these electric cars, (and trucks), I'm sure it's already been touched upon, but do people think electricity generates itself? Guess what fuel makes "electricity?". If someone wants to run elect. vehicles, (say in the city, to keep down the smog) more power to them. They're a good option. Out in the country, and wide open plains, (like most of the lands), the trees will take care of things.
Me? Give me a big block 4 speed car any day. And for cryin-out-loud, put the GD lead back in the fuel, will ya? Engines run more efficiently with higher compressions.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sun. May. 23, 2021 8:02 pm

Are we talkin like the Zetzons? Never gunna happen. The public can't even control themselves correctly single plane, (on the ground). You think there are a lot of accidents now? Put half these drivers (morons) in the sky, and then you'll really see catastrophes.
As for these electric cars, (and trucks), I'm sure it's already been touched upon, but do people think electricity generates itself? Guess what fuel makes "electricity?". If someone wants to run elect. vehicles, (say in the city, to keep down the smog) more power to them. They're a good option. Out in the country, and wide open plains, (like most of the lands), the trees will take care of things.
Me? Give me a big block 4 speed car any day. And for cryin-out-loud, put the GD lead back in the fuel, will ya? Engines run more efficiently with higher compressions.
Yes, the Jetsons....but in the Jetsons they did not really drive the cars, they all joined in a line and just went where you told it to go...I read I would have a flying car in grade school in the 60's......Electricity just appears out of nowhere and fills the lines we hang up in the air....didn't you know that?

Kevin
Last edited by coaledsweat on Mon. May. 24, 2021 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote box

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Sun. May. 23, 2021 10:32 pm

LOL. (I like your new avatar. Way cool boat. Does it float, or is it a garage queen? Motor?)

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Mon. May. 24, 2021 5:46 am

Flying cars never took off ( :D ) for a lot of reasons, the cost being the big one. AFAIK all modern commercial aircraft are capable of being fully autonomous. It would be easier to do this with flying vehicles than road based vehicles. You only need to overcome the expense but that is an enormous hurdle. Aviation has pioneered computer aided operation, both the F-117 and and the B-2 would be unflyable without it.

Like it or not this tech is coming for land based vehicles. I will predict in 20 to 30 years it will either be mandated or you will find it impossibly expensive to get insurance. That prediction is not based on the capability of technology. Accommodating human driven cars actually makes this harder to implement. When fully implemented things like stop signs, red lights, speed limits, one way streets and direction of travel on a highway disappear.

As far as electric vehicles they will likely become dominant in same time frame. I strongly disagree with how this is being done because I don't believe we need to force it on the public. In fact I would suggest it's detrimental to innovation. At this point the battery tech has improved enough it can meet the needs of most people. The technology can only improve and as electric vehicles become dominant gas powered vehicles will become more expensive simply through market forces.

I work for someone with Stihl dealership, the battery operated equipment is taking off. It's certainly more expensive and if you were landscaper it's really not applicable yet. For the homeowner willing to spend more for convenience that only needs it for light work it's an easy sell especially for the older generation.

LeoinRI
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Fonderies de Lion
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: J.S. Peckham Chicago #10, Weso, Our Glenwood 111, Sougland Excelsior 183

Post by LeoinRI » Mon. May. 24, 2021 6:41 am

20+ years ago my son dated a girl whose father worked for this company

www.terrafugia.com

Sadly Within days of receiving their "sport pilot" type certificate from the FAA in January 2021 their operation in Woburn, Massachusetts shut down and moved to China.

https://travelandaviation.com/terrafugia-to-shut- ... 20aircraft.

Projected price was $400,000. It was not approved for road use yet.
Last edited by LeoinRI on Mon. May. 24, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Mon. May. 24, 2021 6:58 am

Come on L, people have trouble driving reg. vehicles safely in most of the world--I can't even imagine what it would be like turning them loose in one of them thar contraptions--PLUS, how many workin grunts would be able to afford one??????????????????? :(

LeoinRI
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Fonderies de Lion
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: J.S. Peckham Chicago #10, Weso, Our Glenwood 111, Sougland Excelsior 183

Post by LeoinRI » Mon. May. 24, 2021 8:01 am

Agreed. Getting a license to fly will set you back $5-10K and would hopefully filter out the less "gifted" drivers. I can just imagine calling up my insurance agent and asking how much it would cost to insure this thing. At about 1800 lbs getting into an accident with a 5000 lb SUV would be painful. ;-)

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Mon. May. 24, 2021 8:06 am

-----------------LOL-------------- Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”