Starting Old Tank Engines

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Tue. Apr. 04, 2017 7:36 am

Kind of fun. Some old beasts in and out of tanks. No wonder the Germans lost, they had to crank their's by hand! :lol:

https://youtu.be/tQNd4iEFTkk

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Wed. Apr. 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Thanks for posting ! I was working in Indiana a few years ago and had the opportunity to attend the Antique Engine Show.

It turned out to be an informative and enjoyable weekend getting to see hundreds of antique engines in action. Everything from minature steam, to large trailer mounted hit and miss, oilfield and sawmill engines.

Of course, one of the small Maytag kick start engines followed me home. :D

Paulie

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Wed. Apr. 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Pauliewog wrote:Thanks for posting ! I was working in Indiana a few years ago and had the opportunity to attend the Antique Engine Show.

It turned out to be an informative and enjoyable weekend getting to see hundreds of antique engines in action. Everything from minature steam, to large trailer mounted hit and miss, oilfield and sawmill engines.

Paulie
I gotta Love the Life You Live !

Pauliewog
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Home Stove Works #25, Glenwood #6, Happy Thought Oak, Merry Bride #214, Sunnyside, Worlds Argand #114, New Golden Sun , & About 30 others.
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Post by Pauliewog » Thu. Apr. 06, 2017 1:22 am

Hambden Bob wrote:
Pauliewog wrote:Thanks for posting ! I was working in Indiana a few years ago and had the opportunity to attend the Antique Engine Show.

Paulie
I gotta Love the Life You Live !
My bride got a little nervous when I asked if we had any plans for Aug 12th &13th.

The last air show at AVP was in 2000 and a really nice 140 taildragger tried it's best to follow me home. ....... Stay Tuned :geek: :D

https://nepairshow.com/

Paulie

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”