Subaru Engine Issues.

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sun. Jan. 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Dakotaguy wrote:The old one was a 2002 outback bought it with 40 thousand on it from a old couple had heads and timing belt done at 170 thousand hopefully the new one is just as good
New one should be better.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Jan. 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Our 2014 has been bulletproof. My wife does NOT spare the throttle getting it up to speed.

About 6 weeks ago I was in a situation that made me very happy with my choice of car. We had some ice on the road, and about 2" of sloppy wet snow on top of it. I came around a blind curve that leads right into a relatively steep hill. I soon realized there was 6 cars ahead of me all stopped. I had to stop, and watch in horror as some of the cars began to slide sideways, or backwards. I was going to back up and turn around, but a school bus pulled up behind me and stopped. Finally the cars in front me of me quit spinning and sat still. I slowly pulled out in the left lane, put one set of wheels on the shoulder, and went by all 6 cars and up and over the hill. All of this with all season tires...naturally I was scheduled to have my snow tires put on the day AFTER this took place. :roll: Not next year... I will put the snows on in mid November.

Dakotaguy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Efm 520 highboy
Coal Size/Type: Lots of rice from Lehigh
Other Heating: Pops 2010 df 520 stoker

Post by Dakotaguy » Sun. Jan. 15, 2017 3:33 pm

I couldn't agree more my wife Kicks the crap out of everything she drives and she loves the Subaru even her parents got rid of both there jeeps and got 2 new crosstrecks

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sun. Jan. 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Rob R. wrote:6 cars ahead of me all stopped. I had to stop, and watch in horror as some of the cars began to slide sideways, or backwards ... Finally the cars in front me of me quit spinning and sat still. I slowly pulled out in the left lane, put one set of wheels on the shoulder, and went by all 6 cars and up and over the hill.
And all six that you passed said to themselves, "My next car will be a Subaru." I hope the dealer remembers to send you the commission. :P

Dakotaguy

Post by Dakotaguy » Sun. Feb. 05, 2017 5:17 pm

Well after the second oil change the outback is officially using oil the dealer told us its a piston ring problem using a quart every 1800 miles not very happy our Honda CR-V has 189 thousand on it don't use s drop of oil my Dakota has almost 300 thousand on it uses a quart every 3000 miles

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Feb. 05, 2017 7:56 pm

That stinks. Are they going to put a new shortblock in it?

Dakotaguy

Post by Dakotaguy » Sun. Feb. 05, 2017 8:17 pm

Yes but no until they do an oil consumption test on it the dealer told me we used wrong oil they forgot that they changed the oil both times car only has 11.975 on it

Dakotaguy

Post by Dakotaguy » Sat. Jun. 17, 2017 9:35 pm

It's official our Subaru Outback is getting a new shortblock installed shortly our Subaru dealer has really come to be a great help on resolving this oil consumption problem

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”