Prepare to Be Screwed If You're Hauling a Trailer in MA

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Thu. Oct. 27, 2016 7:08 pm

The new toll rates go into effect TOMORROW. Commuters save a little bit. Out-of-state EZ Pass holders save like .20 cents in some places, lol - that was big of them.

BUT ... if you drive commercially, or haul ANY trailer with your car or truck, the tolls have effectively DOUBLED. No joke! So again, the average democrat-voting schmuck from MA will think this is a great idea, and tell the world how the state made the highway more efficient by eliminating toll booths, and saved them a dollar a week in commuting fees ... but guess who will pay for that tractor trailer full of wheat germ, tofu, and tempeh?

YOU ARE ya big dummy!! Remember that the next time you vote democrat like the sheep you are!! :mad:

Proof again - there is NO FREE LUNCH when it comes to ANY government entity. They're robbing Peter to pay Paul, plain and simple, as usual.

Might want to detour through upstate NY and VT if you're hauling anything ... You've been warned! :shock:

EDIT: Here's the toll calculator if you want to play around. Not sure how long the current & future prices will be listed on there. My bet is they take that down immediately tomorrow.

Oh and forgot, if you don't have an EZ-Pass transponder, they screw you guys too. Takes a pic of your plate and sends a bill in the mail.

http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/highway/TollCalculator.aspx

Scottscoaled
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup

Post by Scottscoaled » Thu. Oct. 27, 2016 9:02 pm

Ha! I figured where I wanted to go and it more than doubled it. You are right. A new way to screw the working man. :mad:

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Thu. Oct. 27, 2016 9:21 pm

At least I got my boat out of Maine last fall but my Range Rover and other "stuff" will cost me a bit more. Maybe I will go Rt. 2 over to Balston Spa instead...... :mad: :mad:

Kevin

SMITTY

Post by SMITTY » Thu. Oct. 27, 2016 10:48 pm

I haven't made but one trailer run all year ... and the day AFTER I'm scheduled to finally haul one, the price doubles!!!

If it weren't for bad luck in MA, none of us would have ANY luck at all! :mad3:

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Fri. Oct. 28, 2016 4:46 pm

SMITTY wrote:If it weren't for bad luck in MA, none of us would have ANY luck at all!
Gloom, despair and agony on me. Deep dark depression excessive misery. If it wasn't for bad luck Smitty would have no luck at all. Gloom, dispair and agony on me... ;)

Smitty.. Get out of Dodge while you still can my friend. The stress just drops off of you as soon as you get out the North East. Haven't felt this good in YEARS!!! :P

Uglysquirrel

Post by Uglysquirrel » Fri. Oct. 28, 2016 7:53 pm

Propose we consider another perspective to this.

With no Easypass, they scan your license plate and assuming they can read it, they are able to bill you tomy understanding ?

How? Do they send you a US Mail letter with the associated cost of a Class A stamp? That of course implies they have every license plate in the country and that all those addresses are supremely up to date and real.

Then, can I pay by sending in a hardcopy check in the US Mail for a 90 cent toll that costs me another Class A stamp plus they have the associated cost of human processing ?

Or do I :mad: HAVE TO :mad: pay on line with .gov (fed & state ?) having my checking or VISA # forever ? Hummmmmm......

And then with that info I will have the privilege of having my credit history stolen from an exceptionally secure :roll: state website.

Anyone know the payment process?

jpete
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Post by jpete » Fri. Oct. 28, 2016 9:57 pm

Wait until RI starts their tolls. :)

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Sat. Oct. 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Good thing I did that round trip run to Boston last week. private car, tolls will have been the shits...My therorey.. if federal funds help maintain road as INTER state commerce.. no state has right to toll for for what OUR tax dollars payed for to begin with......taxes on fuel (state/n federal)
, taxes on cigarettes, taxes on BOOZE! all taxes, but no improvments in INTERSTATE commerce roads.. which all the taxes are. were supposedly to help pay for.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sat. Oct. 29, 2016 8:12 pm

I flew to Florida a lot years past, then hit the road and found toll booths that wanted exact change. I just left the airport, no change in pocket.

It really made me mad, so after the first time I just drove through.. of course I knew there was no way for them to trace my plate.. well they could but, long story. I wonder how many bills they sent to get them back undeliverable.. (sp?)

My point, if they want to collect tolls hire someone to do it.

SMITTY

Post by SMITTY » Sat. Oct. 29, 2016 8:51 pm

Uggs, the payment process involves extra fees (of course! its MA after all) if you don't have a transponder. The cameras snap a pic of your plate, then mail you the bill ... which is a higher toll rate, PLUS a "invoice fee" ... :roll:

The link to the site I posted above has already been taken down, so now you can't compare how much you're getting screwed unless you wrote it down, or have it on your monthly EZ-Pass statement.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Oct. 30, 2016 3:26 am

I just got a ticket from these assssssholes. I was not driving. They call it "an appeal" as if I'm guilty already.

And it was from something months ago.

Now they messed with the wrong big dog.

A motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction and subject matter jurisdiction is going to be my response.

And I think that their plate scan, send a bill to ya violates the federal drivers privacy protection act...

You should contact your DMV to make sure that they do not provide any more info to Mass.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2721

^^ link to DPPA

^^ Nowhere is there an exemption for what they want to do.....and its still the law in the 2nd fed. app. district.

And the toll authority? Passed via emergency legislation ---- for this reason alone, the agency is unlawful

SMITTY

Post by SMITTY » Sun. Oct. 30, 2016 5:08 pm

You only "appeal" a ticket in MA if you requested it - not sure what's going on there ...

And the section under "permissible uses" pretty much gives them the green light to do what they wish.

Even if not, this is MA ... where every politician is a lawyer, laws are purposefully written in confusing and contradictory terms, 10,000 pages longer than they should be, with acres of gray area. Democrat-run state for decades - that's pretty much all you need to know. Law is a joke. Rich go free and do whatever they want, and us poor schlubs get fleeced at every turn. Democrats at work! :sick:

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Oct. 30, 2016 5:14 pm

If that don't work DM--sue the bastards. Ya gotta be getting pretty thin on that million$$$$$$$$$! ;) Jon, schlubs?????????? :clap: toothy

SMITTY

Post by SMITTY » Sun. Oct. 30, 2016 6:02 pm

Dontcha know Fred, us Massholes speak Massholian? :woot: toothy

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sun. Oct. 30, 2016 7:14 pm

SMITTY wrote:You only "appeal" a ticket in MA if you requested it - not sure what's going on there ...

And the section under "permissible uses" pretty much gives them the green light to do what they wish.

Even if not, this is MA ... where every politician is a lawyer, laws are purposefully written in confusing and contradictory terms, 10,000 pages longer than they should be, with acres of gray area. Democrat-run state for decades - that's pretty much all you need to know. Law is a joke. Rich go free and do whatever they want, and us poor schlubs get fleeced at every turn. Democrats at work! :sick:
Typically an "appeal" is a proceeding where one argues against a previous court decision; here there was no finding by a court (or quasi-judicial) proceeding.

The "permissible uses" do not include for the purpose that they wish to do...so, no, its not anything .. its what is specifically listed.

Return to “Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles & Aviation”