A Few Nice Photos

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Feb. 21, 2020 10:21 am

NoSmoke wrote:
Fri. Feb. 21, 2020 9:11 am
From scenic to down right creepy...

We have a couple of those stories around here N---most weird is one old farm house where one of the kids was born "retarded" not sure exactly what that meant back when--but one room on the 2nd floor has "I" bolts & chains with cuff riggings still just hangin there. Then one of the parents left (probably the father) & the mother proceeded to do the same as your neighbor did!! I guess someone called the Sherriff & they came & took the "retarded" boy. I don't know what happened to him. I do know those people had been farmin that property since the early 1800's & all this happened in the 1900's And this old farm (not mine) is creepy, and it should be. In the old woodshed to the far left, second floor, at the window, my neighbor blew his brains out with a shotgun. It was super creepy, but I went up there, and you can still see the pellet holes in the tin roof where he made his last shot. It is weird with the light filtering down through the pellet holes like it does, then his three legged chair, and knowing what happened there.

2.JPG

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Fri. Feb. 21, 2020 11:07 am

This guy had a funny story too, as he was an old hermit.

Anyway, he hated to cook so he went to McDonald's for breakfast in Belfast every morning, and went to McDonalds in Waterville, for dinner...skipped lunch.

So after about 10 years of that...no joke...everyday...that was his thing...he had a heart attack. So they dragged him to the hospital for quite a stay, to which he said "NEVER again."

No one knows if he felt it coming on, or just felt all was for naught, so he done himself in? No one knows, but the moral of the story is, if you are an old duffer and eat 7300 consecutive meals at McDonald's, you probably will have a heart attack.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Fri. Feb. 21, 2020 11:17 am

Watch it with your "old duffer" reference N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

NoSmoke
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Fri. Feb. 21, 2020 5:28 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Fri. Feb. 21, 2020 11:17 am
Watch it with your "old duffer" reference N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Well you might have a point.

But you know, I was thinking not too many people noticed this topic, but I wondered if it was because I had too many landscape photos and not enough Katie photos?

NoSmoke

Post by NoSmoke » Fri. Feb. 21, 2020 5:38 pm

I got this picture of Katie as Little Red Ridinghood.

She had just sat down on a logging bridge when I spun around and snapped this photo. I did not even think about it, but Katie sure did. She is smirking because she saw what I was doing, and had barely enough time to move the flowers.
DSCN2078.JPG
.JPG | 652KB | DSCN2078.JPG

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Fri. Feb. 21, 2020 6:31 pm

I just got in and have not had a chance to comment.....I noticed you guys are real.....active......not a bad thing at all. Live life the best and most fulfilling you can...Katie is a real catch. I love the photos and the stories about the old farms. I have a few from my younger years further East of you. Some of my ancestors still sit on land from the beginning of Maine also. Some is in my immediate family.....I hope to visit you someday when passing thru, my sister in law still lives in Belfast. We are trying to convince her to come here and make a go of it.

Kevin

NoSmoke

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 2:49 am

KLook wrote:
Fri. Feb. 21, 2020 6:31 pm
Some of my ancestors still sit on land from the beginning of Maine also. Some is in my immediate family.....I hope to visit you someday when passing thru, my sister in law still lives in Belfast. We are trying to convince her to come here and make a go of it.
That is interesting because I have family in TN. I am not sure where she lives exactly, but it is very close to Jack Daniel's Distillery she said. We actually wanted to go there and visit with them, then swing up and maybe go see the Ark there in Cincinnati.

My cousin would like to come back to Maine, but her husband is from TN and refuses to because he "has seen the size of people's firewood piles, and that say's enough." He kind of has a point. But then again, they have snakes, and in Maine, we do not!

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 6:23 am

They are near Lynchburg if the are near JD. More south central. I have a cousin from Machiasport over that way as well. He has a point about woodpiles, and snakes are a none factor unless you live in certain habitats or go looking for them. They have almost zero mosquito's here.....same for any other biting fly. I miss hunting, atv's, and the closeness of the community in small town Maine. Other then that, I will never move back.

Kevin

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 11:57 am

Ah yes the wifely smirk...
That is why we have 3 kids...
Born within 13 months...
The 4th kid makes the set...
She hangs out with us because she does not like being an only child...
And our kids think of her as another sibling...
Guess who is the 'clown' in the crew...

Attachments

The Crew.jpg
.JPG | 168.6KB | The Crew.jpg

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 2:46 pm

Pretty cute. Nice.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 3:34 pm

Ahhh, ain't they just the cutest lil critters!! LOL Thank God they took on their Mom's good looks!! double LOL OUTSTANDING C. :)
CapeCoaler wrote:
Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 11:57 am
Ah yes the wifely smirk...
That is why we have 3 kids...
Born within 13 months...
The 4th kid makes the set...
She hangs out with us because she does not like being an only child...
And our kids think of her as another sibling...
Guess who is the 'clown' in the crew...

NoSmoke

Post by NoSmoke » Tue. Feb. 25, 2020 6:31 am

Katie and I want to do a photo shoot this summer with all the kids (for us, that being four daughters). Katie wants to do it so that we look like a Depression Era family. I am not exactly sure how we will set it up yet. Obviously the girls in plain calico dresses, and maybe my friend's 1930 pick up truck. We thought these pictures of us like the 1930's would go well in our home...

As for Katie and I, we always keep a list going of photo shoot ideas, and one we considered was of us and Bonnie and Clyde; again with our friend's 1930 truck. The actual hardest part about that would be getting the guns. I do not think our semi-automatics would look right in a retro Bonnie and Clyde photo shoot.

Return to “Hobbies, Hunting, Fishing & Camping”