New BP rifle.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Wed. Mar. 04, 2020 9:32 pm

Something for people with a great passion for it. And time and money. I miss shooting my high powered rifles at my camp where we had 300 yds to work with. There is not 1 out of 100 hunters that can judge 300 yds or shoot accurately, with consistency. Some might make a miracle shot, but can't repeat it.....most guys would come to our camp and declare the 100 yd target to be 200 or 300 yds....lol. The stories I could tell.....and my shooting sucks now from lack of practice. Just like anything, you have to stay at it to be any good at it.

Kevin

Vbull
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Reading Juanita
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by Vbull » Thu. Mar. 05, 2020 7:01 am

I got a flyer a little while ago about a BP long range match at Oak Ridge. I attended a couple times many years ago. I think it is being held in the next couple weeks. Shooting is a perishable skill but knowing the basics can bring back much of the shooters ability with a bit of practice. Regular practice with an air rifle or good .22rf can keep one in shape.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Thu. Mar. 05, 2020 7:29 am

Oak Ridge is close for me, and shooting .22 is great practice. That is why I am trying to get into the local range. 2.5 year waiting list.......I miss that about Maine, I could shoot anywhere anytime....if it wasn't 25 below or in the bug season......lol

Kevin

Best shooting I ever achieved was when I was shooting every Wen. night up in Canada in a middle school. Plus practicing as much as possible.

Return to “Hobbies, Hunting, Fishing & Camping”