Auction Fun...

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Tue. Dec. 15, 2015 8:27 am

Ritchie Bro's has a site nearby and an auction coming up in a couple days so I went on a walkabout yesterday at lunch to see if they had anything interesting. IMO the motorized rental castoffs always go for too much for the shape they are in, but the smaller consumer stuff sometimes has a few gems that sneak by the bigger customers and go cheap.

I came across some brand new metal production benches that caught my attention, I'll watch to see what they are going for and bid for one if they are cheap enough. They had about 5 pallet jacks there for anyone using supersacks on pallets to feed their boilers. For the shooters out there there are about 10 brand new gong target trees. There are even some diamond bit core drills for those interested in boring a hole in their foundation for a thimble.

Anyway, thought I'd mention it in case they had a site near you that could be a source for some of these type of toys.

waldo lemieux

Post by waldo lemieux » Tue. Dec. 15, 2015 9:02 am

They hold huge auctions. I went by a lot they have in Fla. and there must have been 100 acres of machinery there :shock: Made me realize just how small my little corner of the construction world is. And oh my god the money... :jawdrop:

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Tue. Dec. 15, 2015 9:13 am

Yes, a very big lot......and guess which corner they had the stuff I was interested in - the very back corner of the property!! :help:

Which is good or bad depending on how you look at it.....very long walk to get back there, but it means having to browse through a bunch o' stuff as you pass by!! Killed two hours without even trying! :lol:

waldo lemieux

Post by waldo lemieux » Tue. Dec. 15, 2015 9:16 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. Thats the kinda thing that leads to needing another garage :D

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Thu. Dec. 17, 2015 3:59 pm

Well it wasn't much fun this time....
I can't say I was outbid because when I went to check the items I was interested in an hour before the end time prices were already higher than I wanted to pay and I never even placed a bid.

I guess I gotta re-calibrate what I think certain things are worth!

On the bright side, I still have lots of room in the pole barn.

Return to “Hobbies, Hunting, Fishing & Camping”