All Drones Must Be Registered

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Wed. Oct. 28, 2015 7:53 pm

with the federal government now, according to this: http://videowall.accuweather.com/detail/videos/la ... Start=true

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sat. Jan. 30, 2016 3:51 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/28/style/neighbors-drones-invade-privacy.html

"In 2014, a 32-year-old man was arrested after the police said he shot down his neighbor’s drone in Lower Township, N.J., when it flew over his yard. He was indicted on felony charges and could face 10 years in prison.

Last July, William Merideth, 47, shot down his neighbor’s drone in Louisville, Ky., saying it was spying on his 16-year-old daughter while she was sunbathing by the pool. He was arrested, but a judge ruled that Mr. Merideth had the right to shoot down the drone and dismissed the case."

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sat. Jan. 30, 2016 4:43 pm

NOT ALL drones have to be registered. Only over 1/2 Lb ones.

here's the list.
Check the list below to identify if the FAA requires registration. The list below does not contain every single drone on the market, if your drone weighs
between .55lbs and 55lbs then the FAA requires registry.

http://federaldroneregistration.com/requireddronestoberegistered/

waldo lemieux

Post by waldo lemieux » Sat. Jan. 30, 2016 5:04 pm

Told my wife about this and said she needed to get registrated right away. Boy that went over good bop2

SWPaDon

Post by SWPaDon » Sat. Jan. 30, 2016 5:18 pm

WNY wrote:NOT ALL drones have to be registered. Only over 1/2 Lb ones.

here's the list.
Check the list below to identify if the FAA requires registration. The list below does not contain every single drone on the market, if your drone weighs
between .55lbs and 55lbs then the FAA requires registry.

http://federaldroneregistration.com/requireddronestoberegistered/
Thanks for the update. I hadn't followed up on the original story that was posted in Oct. 2015. The new registering rules apparently went into effect in late Dec. 2015 according to the FAQ section in the link you posted.
Q17. Will the requirement apply to UAS that I owned and operated before the registration process existed?

A. Yes. Owners who purchased their UAS prior to Dec. 21, 2015 will have 60 days to register.

SWPaDon

Post by SWPaDon » Sat. Jan. 30, 2016 6:01 pm

waldo lemieux wrote:Told my wife about this and said she needed to get registrated right away. Boy that went over good bop2
And you lived to tell the tale.......... :dancing: :punk:

tcalo
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40
Coal Size/Type: Nut/stove anthracite

Post by tcalo » Mon. Feb. 01, 2016 5:40 pm

I belong to a model plane club and this has been the talk lately. The AMA is trying to hash it out with the FAA but it doesn't look too promising. Most individuals who take the hobby serious are already registered with the AMA, there really is no need for having to register with the FAA. It's those few nut jobs with drones that are ruining the hobby for so many. People need to use common sense and safe flying practices when operating this equipment. It's all about big brother watching. Mark my words, this is whats happening to gun control as well. The government wants everyone to register their weapons. Next step...confiscation!!!

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Mon. Feb. 01, 2016 6:09 pm

tcalo wrote:Most individuals who take the hobby serious are already registered with the AMA, there really is no need for having to register with the FAA ... People need to use common sense and safe flying practices when operating this equipment ... this is whats happening to gun control as well. The government wants everyone to register their weapons. Next step...confiscation!!!
My car has been registered for some time, and as I have used common sense and safe driving practices the government has not yet confiscated it. Cars, guns, drones are all big business so there are powerful forces working against confiscation. But they are all hazardous, and when misused should be confiscated. I'M OK, YOU'RE OK, as the book said. But I bet you know some people who make you uncomfortable owning any one of these. :cry: Common sense is not as common as we might wish.

Return to “Hobbies, Hunting, Fishing & Camping”