Tokarev T33 Pistol

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Fri. Oct. 16, 2015 4:18 pm

scalabro wrote:Looks like p/n 17 is for sale on eBay. It is in Quebec :D

See the picture here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-Assortment-Of-Parts- ... 488488ee0a

It is just to the right of the slide release.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&i ... 7675.l2565

Looks like OP did not win it...

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Wed. Oct. 21, 2015 6:22 pm

scalabro wrote:Looks like p/n 17 is for sale on eBay. It is in Quebec :D

See the picture here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-Assortment-Of-Parts- ... 488488ee0a

It is just to the right of the slide release.
Again, I wanted to thank you for the link in Québec.Today I received the needed part, but the guy also sent me : the mag. catch; the mag. catch spring; and the mag. catch lock. All the 3 parts (new) for $12.00 More than happy :)

scalabro
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40, PP Stewart No. 14, Abendroth Bros "Record 40"
Coal Size/Type: Stove / Anthracite.
Other Heating: Oil fired, forced hot air.

Post by scalabro » Wed. Oct. 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Glad to help Nortcan, but don't you know that now you will find the original part on the floor somewhere :)

confedsailor
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 100 KBtu Chappee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac 513
Other Heating: Oil Fired 1950"s American Standard Arcoliner 132K BTU

Post by confedsailor » Thu. Oct. 22, 2015 2:49 pm

My dad and I bought a couple of bare AR-15 lowers a few years back. He picked up a kit with all the doodads to finish them off. The kits come with a step by step procedure for assembly. I'm trying to get the darned detent for the safety in and procede to shoot the dad blasted spring across the room. I look down and no kidding the next step says. "Get the included extra spring now that you have lost the first one."

The TT33 is a neat pistol, Tokarev did a masterful job of copying JMB's design and making it something that could be produced by soviet industry. However when it comes to pistols in 7.62x25 the CZ-52 is my favorite. Yea the bore axis is kinda high and that makes it snappy, and sure the frame makes it so only a gorilla can hold it comfortably. But hell! It's a brick with a trigger long before Bill Ruger had even come up with the P89.

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Thu. Oct. 22, 2015 6:09 pm

Hi confedsailor, any photos of the CZ 52?
I bought a CZ 22LR this Summer and it's a pleasure to shoot it, the bolt action is so smooth and well machined. But don't know the 7.62 x 25 CZ pistol.

confedsailor

Post by confedsailor » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 8:13 am

Ill post the wikipedia link so I don't get in dutch over putting up a picture. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_52

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 1:20 pm

confedsailor wrote:Ill post the wikipedia link so I don't get in dutch over putting up a picture. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_52
Very interesting, thanks for sharing.
Pierre

confedsailor

Post by confedsailor » Fri. Oct. 23, 2015 1:36 pm

It's a very interesting pistol. Originally the Czech's wanted to use 9mm Luger, but after the communist takeover in 48 and joining the Warsaw pact the Russians put the kibosh on using a "western" round. The Czechs acceded and created a roller locked pistol that could handle the scorchingly hot submachine gun 7.62x25 loads they were making. The sub-gun loads toss a 90 grain pill at 1650 fps out of the 4.5in barrel. Much too spicy a meatball for the old Tok, much less a Mauser C96. Right now I like to use a Hornady XTP over Bullseye when I load for it. People have called them ugly, but I think they are a beautiful example of fine engineering. I even like the composition grips, the random strands in the resin can almost make you forgive the lack of fine walnut.

I only have one Tokarev now, a Russian one that was reblued, so I can shoot it and not feel bad. I had a couple of chinese Tok's in 9mm, including a wide body that used Browning Hi-Power magazines.

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Oct. 26, 2015 1:57 pm

confedsailor wrote:My dad and I bought a couple of bare AR-15 lowers a few years back. He picked up a kit with all the doodads to finish them off. The kits come with a step by step procedure for assembly. I'm trying to get the darned detent for the safety in and procede to shoot the dad blasted spring across the room. I look down and no kidding the next step says. "Get the included extra spring now that you have lost the first one."

The TT33 is a neat pistol, Tokarev did a masterful job of copying JMB's design and making it something that could be produced by soviet industry. However when it comes to pistols in 7.62x25 the CZ-52 is my favorite. Yea the bore axis is kinda high and that makes it snappy, and sure the frame makes it so only a gorilla can hold it comfortably. But hell! It's a brick with a trigger long before Bill Ruger had even come up with the P89.
Those detent...always fun. Don't forget to lube up the safety area where the detent would connect..makes flipping safety smoother.

I do some of the AR assembly on the floor with wide clearing..so when they zing out they are easily found. Hardest with me is the take down pins ... sometimes, 3 sec. and other times 1/2 hr ... its more art than science.

Return to “Hobbies, Hunting, Fishing & Camping”