AR's

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 5:43 pm

Too heavy to lug around the house. And the cat refuses to help with any crew served weapons.

Paul

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 7:10 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 4:10 pm
As for home defense, very tough to beat a 12 or 20 gauge with buck shot, or a magazine mix of buckshot and deer slugs. And there's less risk of pass-through additional damage down range. And if you like the 7.62 size hole then you'll love 12 ga. 00 buck shot. Each trigger pull launches the equivalent of half your AK mag, and each of those is a .33 cal. hole maker.
Yep, I got one of those too, hidden in the same locker! :-)

Nothing puts the fear of God in a burglar like hearing a homeowner rack a shotgun round!

I had some guys lurking around the farm about a year ago, so I pulled my shotgun and called the police. It has to be in that order around here or the police will not show up. They take off, the police showed up, and started to tell me that "pulling a shotgun could be construed as threatening them", and I told the police officer that I had a right to protect my property. I always have skidders and sawmills sitting on the hill, so really a lot of money just sitting there.

He started back-pedaling then, "Oh, yeah, you're right. You're right", he kept saying, and I told him I knew I was right.

The funny thing was 10 minutes before the dispatcher told me the police were too busy doing other things to show up, so I said, "That's alright, I'll go grab my shotgun and go take a look." Ten minutes later I am talking to a police officer who was too busy with something else.

Of course I am a farmer so I can get away with anything. "I saw a coyote running after a sheep and took a shot at it." Try proving I didn't!

But this is Waldo County: Jury's just do not convict here. I know (2) cases where spouses blew the brains out of their wife/husband in flat out cold-blood. For the husband it was deemed self-defense, and for the wife, technically she was found guilty, but it was guilty with time served (a few months waiting for her trial).

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 7:27 pm

Reminds me of the old joke.
Guy sees a prowler sneaking around his garage so he call the Police. Tells the dispatcher he has a prowler.
The dispatcher says all units are busy and they will send someone in an hour. Guy hangs up then gets an idea.
Guys calls back and says, I just shot the prowler. Dispatcher says they will send a unit right away.
Prowler hears the siren coming and runs away.
Cop gets there and says where's the prowler you shot. Guy says I didn't shoot any prowler.
Cop says, dispatch told me you shot a prowler.
Guy says, yeah that dispatcher is a liar, he told me there wouldn't be anyone available for an hour.

Paul

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sun. Apr. 12, 2020 3:09 pm

It is no joke here. To get the police you have to say there are guns involved; then they show up.

I am not being a Keyboard Cowboy on this, it really is that way.

We had an issue a few years ago with some out of state hunters, and the Detective took me and my cousin aside and said that they would not do anything about this because the District Attorney would drop the case anyway, but if we wanted to take care of the issue, they would look the other way.

They did.

I will say that I was glad to see some justice a few months ago though. Some scum-bag and his girlfriend beat their 9 year old daughter to death with a belt. He went away for life, but I figured the scum-bag mother would get off, but she too went to prison. But that was a real surprise: typically here you can literally get away with murder.

scalabro
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40, PP Stewart No. 14, Abendroth Bros "Record 40"
Coal Size/Type: Stove / Anthracite.
Other Heating: Oil fired, forced hot air.

Post by scalabro » Sun. Apr. 12, 2020 5:55 pm

Still the one! 😇

Attachments

263711CE-C57E-4B03-AFA1-6A33A62F7B26.jpeg

Shuff’s Mini G!

Sunny Boy

Post by Sunny Boy » Sun. Apr. 12, 2020 9:50 pm

scalabro wrote:
Sun. Apr. 12, 2020 5:55 pm
Still the one! 😇
Who needs spray-n-pray when 8 accurate ones won a war. ;)

Paul

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post by wilder11354 » Thu. Apr. 16, 2020 5:22 pm

ordered a new upper ar assembly. Sold my last one. Not selling this one when built. Not a forged hammer barrel like last, but it will work! 5.56 chamber. Lets go plinking !

Return to “Hobbies, Hunting, Fishing & Camping”