World Series Astros vs the Braves

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Tue. Oct. 26, 2021 8:00 pm

Once America’s past time, I still enjoy the game even though My local Pirates are sad been sad and will continue to be sad, I’m picking the Astros to win this years series. If anyone is interested make a pick for fun.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Tue. Oct. 26, 2021 8:17 pm

I'll be watching most the time but I wont care who wins. I cheer for the Twins or other underdog teams. I never cheer for the Yankee's or Dodgers.... the Dodgers beat the Twins in the 1965 World Series and I still hold a grudge, lol And the Yankee's, well, their the Yankees.

Over a year ago I looked up old World series from the 60's and 70's. I wrote down the years that went 7 games and tried not to remember who won. Then I watched those games on youtube. It was fun seeing all the greats play again and not know who was going to win. I watched them on a late 50's black and white tv to keep it more authentic. Cheap entertainment, real cheap, lol But enjoyable.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Thu. Oct. 28, 2021 4:15 pm

Once apon a time I would have said it would be impossible for the Astros and the Braves to play each other in the World Series but alas the game has passed me by.

Return to “Pro Sports, Entertainment, Movies & TV”