Mike Tyson boxing for charity

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Fri. Dec. 04, 2020 10:44 pm

Anyone watch the Tyson vs Jones fight?

I guess they weren’t allowed to knock each other out according to the rules, but...

I have to say Tyson looked saaaweeeeeettt...just like the young athletic monster he used to be. It was still a battle, but one myself and many others thought Mike Tyson actually out boxed and pummeled Jones with all those heavy shots.

Jones did well, but was really fatigued and the youngest of the two fighters. Jones did some typical Jones moves, was fast and hit hard...just not as fast and hard as Tyson. Jones even said Tysons body shots hurt...heck...he said they all hurt. He said Tyson is still a beast. Jones is still good too, but clearly, at least in my opinion, Tyson was in better shape as well as far more on top of his “A” game...simply the superior fighter.

Had knock outs been allowed, it might have been different. Jones could have out more pressure on early before he got winded. After he got winded is when Tyson would have killed him...with a upper cut, a body shot, straight on shots...Tysons shots sounded like big smacking thuds...typical of Tyson in his youth coming from the 56 year old Tyson. He’s still a killer. What is not known of Tyson is the same question asked by many in his youth. What about the chin?

It was well known in Tysons youth, until BDouglas, that Tyson had never been hit with what he’d been fishing out.

Either way, both fighters looked well and fought hard. They gave us 8 two minute rounds of pure boxing war from two older guys...great entertainment. You have not seen the last of Tyson.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Fri. Dec. 11, 2020 10:23 pm

Tyson/Holyfield is next it sounds like. Should be a good one. Eva fee is 58 years young, I think.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Dec. 12, 2020 1:11 am

I watched some videos of the fight with Jones a week ago +/-. The video quality was really poor so Im sure I missed out. The interview after the fight it was easy to see Jones was really really sore and hurt and Tyson was ready for another round or three!

Tyson would still do good with lots of the younger boxers but against Fury or Wider i dont want to watch unless he wins... then I'll brag about how good old boxers are, LOL

Thanks Hoyt! I miss real boxing.

Holdencoal

Post by Holdencoal » Sat. Dec. 12, 2020 8:50 am

Here is the fight

Return to “Pro Sports, Entertainment, Movies & TV”