bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Sat. Apr. 11, 2020 6:52 pm

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Apr. 25, 2020 5:51 am

I am not sure I have enough information to make a decision on whether or not this was justified. Mostly likely it was...

I know my work has worked hard to keep us all employed and paid, instead of furloughed during the Black Swan situation, but a new hire this week was complaining because we did not get furloughed where "he could make more money then his weekly pay on unemployment."

He might have had a point, except he had just whined that he did not get the stimulus money because he "had not filed taxes for years."

So I am not sure how he could qualify for unemployment benefits after a week or two of employment, and years of not even filing taxes? I have been self-employed for years, so I would not be eligible for unemployment, so to not be furloughed is nice, as I get a weekly check. The point is, people like to be heard, and whine about everything.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 25, 2020 7:31 am

He might have had a point, except he had just whined that he did not get the stimulus money because he "had not filed taxes for years."

So I am not sure how he could qualify for unemployment benefits after a week or two of employment, and years of not even filing taxes? I have been self-employed for years, so I would not be eligible for unemployment, so to not be furloughed is nice, as I get a weekly check. The point is, people like to be heard, and whine about everything.
You betcha on that N. On the IRS web--it said, even though I have not filed for yrs, My stimilas check would be auto deposited in my bank bein I have direct deposit through SSA---- Wellllll, nothin yet!!!! Who the hell knows, it is the Govt.!!!!!!!!!!! If it shows up it'd be real helpful/nice--if not---- uh-ooooooooo! :)

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Sat. Apr. 25, 2020 8:48 am

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Apr. 25, 2020 7:31 am
You betcha on that N. On the IRS web--it said, even though I have not filed for yrs, My stimilas check would be auto deposited in my bank bein I have direct deposit through SSA---- Wellllll, nothin yet!!!! Who the hell knows, it is the Govt.!!!!!!!!!!! If it shows up it'd be real helpful/nice--if not---- uh-ooooooooo! :)
nothing here yet either Fred,think i heard middle of may.got our S.S. on wensday, you would think stimulus would have been added but thats too simple.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sat. Apr. 25, 2020 8:57 am

That sports writer looks like an overpaid whine ass. They were probably looking for a reason to cut him before this even happened.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 25, 2020 9:28 am

Hmmmm, so I wasn't the only one thinkin that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Apr. 25, 2020 11:11 am

I remember the last recession having my hours cut back to around 30 a week, almost went to 24 before it starting picking up again. No wage cut except hours lost... and when I went to my fantasy football picks that fall, all other 9 players had been laid off and were unemployment. a couple ended out having to move, one lost his house, so I was more than happy with the situation. Sometimes you just have to take what you can get and smile. I would have fired that dude too. I like what they are doing with the extra money.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Apr. 25, 2020 11:39 am

freetown fred wrote: My stimilas check ---- Wellllll, nothin yet!!!!
Fred....We both know it will disappear as soon as we get it....So.... I'll tell you what.... You send me a $1,200 check & I'll send you one. We'll both feel better!

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Apr. 25, 2020 12:18 pm

I like it Freddy, always giving to the forlorned is definitely a good feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Pro Sports, Entertainment, Movies & TV”