Cleveland Browns

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sun. Dec. 30, 2018 7:49 pm

The Browns missed a field goal they shouldn't have missed, and then had a fumble return for a touchdown robbed right out from under them by bad officiating, either of which would have given them victory, and yet they still almost denied the Ravens a chance to advance to the playoffs anyway. My hat goes off to the "new" Browns. The "old" Browns seriously lucked out this time.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sun. Dec. 30, 2018 7:53 pm

Yes, they win the most improved team award for the year. Its hard being a fan of a poor team... Ive had plenty of practice at that my whole life! :lol:

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sun. Dec. 30, 2018 9:40 pm

For the last few years I always thought they were better than how they played, a few more good draft picks & they will be right up with the better teams. I'm kind of glad the Steelers didn't get into the play-offs, they didn't play up to their potential at all this year.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Dec. 31, 2018 6:19 am

Just when things were looking up, the Browns (from a multitude of news reports this morning) are about to fire their head coach. Let's see, they refused for nearly 3 years to fire a totally inept head coach who could not coach a victory if he was paid to, and led us to a record of 3-36-1 under his tenure, and they fire a winning head coach almost instantly. Yep, that's the Browns for you!

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Mon. Dec. 31, 2018 12:16 pm

lsayre wrote:
Sun. Dec. 30, 2018 7:49 pm
The Browns missed a field goal they shouldn't have missed, and then had a fumble return for a touchdown robbed right out from under them by bad officiating, either of which would have given them victory, and yet they still almost denied the Ravens a chance to advance to the playoffs anyway. My hat goes off to the "new" Browns. The "old" Browns seriously lucked out this time.
That touchdown call was a razor thin margin so I don't fault the call on the field for signaling touchdown. The other official who blew the whistle robbed them of a TD for sure though. It's easy to look at one call and say it cost a team the game. As usual turnovers were not helpful either.

Return to “Pro Sports, Entertainment, Movies & TV”