Lara's Theme

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sun. Jul. 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Lara's theme was the music that repeated and infused the movie "DR. Zhivago". The tempo and volume shifted as the tragedy of Lara and the doctor played out. That musical artifice is called "leitmotif", or theme of life, as I think of it.

Bit there is a personal leitmotif in all of us in the theme or actions or thoughts we repeat over and over, sometimes to our betterment and sometimes to our sorrow. Our spirit. Sometimes when fixed and immersed on that theme strange things happen.

A strange thing did happen in Britain to a woman determined to find the grave of King Richard lll. Her leitmotif was in the study of that man. She located the abbey where some reports said he was buried which turned out to be a parking lot where the abbey once stood. Standing in the lot she pinpointed the location of the grave. She went on to get university academic backing but no funds for excavation. She raised over 10,000 pounds through her web site to finance the dig. And she was right. The story is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXCaDzdGZMY#t=4414.27

Sorry, the link starts at the end. Just move the bar at the bottom to the left to see the beginning.

I think there is a further story in how strong involvement in almost anything can lead to things not easy to explain; nothing earth shaking but still a mystery.

When in my early twenties I worked servicing oil burners. I had a partner who was a natural, would tackle anything. We took on the weekend service work for two large oil companies. they hired us because it was a lot cheaper the paying tim and one half for their own crew. We were busy. Sometimes twenty calls in a day. We were immersed and nearly drowned in work.

One day my partner said to me, "you should know what is wrong by the time your foot hits the bottom step of the cellar". Strange indeed, but in time I learned he was often right and I often knew before even getting to the house.

In the supermarket I go to there is a lottery at the checkout. You push a button and wheels spin on a screen and if you win you get a coin worth about two dollars in goods. I get a slice of pizza when I win. Several times i have had a premonition of winning, always right. Once I thought the premonition was wrong when the customer in front of me won, but two wins in a row came up.

I would be interested in your experiences along this line.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Jul. 03, 2017 5:51 am

I don't seem to possess this ability, but I'm fascinated by it.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Mon. Jul. 03, 2017 8:35 pm

As am I.....I have relatives that are in to mysticism and such but they haven't won any lotteries so......

Kevin

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Jul. 03, 2017 8:57 pm

If the mind can perceive reality before it happens, that would certainly challenge my long held belief that reality is real, and as a consequence things are as they appear, A is A, etc... And if perceived reality is not real, where does that leave us? Can a mind transcend or even merely alter future reality?

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Mon. Jul. 03, 2017 9:20 pm

I don't know about reality, but these purchases can change the weather.

Motorcycle
Telescope
Swimming Pool
Convertible automobile
Skies
Snowmobile
Camping gear
Etc.

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Mon. Jul. 03, 2017 10:00 pm

lsayre wrote:If the mind can perceive reality before it happens, that would certainly challenge my long held belief that reality is real, and as a consequence things are as they appear, A is A, etc... And if perceived reality is not real, where does that leave us? Can a mind transcend or even merely alter future reality?
Reality is still there. It is the unconscious perception of the threads leading to a particular reality or outcome, without understanding them, just the end product.

Doctors call it a diagnostic sense. I remember old Dr. Cohen seemed to know at a glance. Domestic animals have been reported to sense an earthquake long before it occurs and behave strangely.

Not a conscious certainty but just a sure feeling not reinforced by anything apparent. It just comes without thought.

Return to “Pro Sports, Entertainment, Movies & TV”