So I'm Going to See the Eagles Play Pittsburgh...

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Jun. 15, 2016 7:18 am

...with a bunch of Pittsburgh fans. :shock: I'm getting a shirt that says not with the Pittsburgh fan. Some friends of my Mother are coming in from Kansas to see the game, she needed someone to go with her. least it's not the Vet and we aren't sitting in the 600 level, I would have laughed and said thanks but no thanks.

Last game I was at was at the Vet against Tampa. Some guy wearing a Tampa jersey went into the port a potty... what was he thinking. I swear they almost tipped it over with him in it. There was another guy with NY jersey on in the stands, he was dumber than the Tampa wearing dumb ass. There must of been 1000 people pointing at him yelling *censored* in chorus... the whole game. :lol:

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Wed. Jun. 15, 2016 8:40 pm

Classy fans Richard and I thought New England fans back in the 80's and early 90's could be rough. :lol: That being said some Yankees' fans like to stir up trouble when the Yanks are in Boston. Then there is over 100 years of Sox/Yankee bad blood to contend with........

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Wed. Jun. 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Fog Bowl ... Poor poor Eagles (hehehehe from a Bears fan)

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Thu. Jun. 16, 2016 5:34 am

ONEDOLLAR wrote:Classy fans Richard and I thought New England fans back in the 80's and early 90's could be rough. :lol:
It's not San Diego and they aren't sipping lattes. You ever watch the fans at San Diego game, you would think they were there to watch a tennis match. They were interviewing this one player, this was a little tongue in cheek and to paraphrase "You go to some stadiums and the fans might throw stuff at you like AA batteries and the occasional 9 volt, In Philly they throw D's," :lol:

I understand it has calmed down quite a bit, it's no longer the Vet and less cheap seats etc. Plus we won't be sitting in the nose bleed seats, they are in the end zone. :)

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Fri. Jun. 17, 2016 11:34 am

Only teams that cannot win on the field have fans that toss things....

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Fri. Jun. 17, 2016 4:33 pm

If you think I'm going to take the bait on that you are mistaken.

Have a nice day.

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Sat. Jun. 18, 2016 7:54 am

As a side note.

Richard

I read an article a while back about a MLB player who had retired after a long career. ( Sorry I can't remember the players name). He did play for several teams though. In the article he mentioned that Philly was one of the worst places to play. The fans were just brutal on the visiting team. He went on to mention that this was not only his experience but of most that had played there and the point was that players in MLB not only don't want to play in Philly as a visiting team but don't want to play for Philly either if the opportunity arose. (ie Trade or Free Agency)

The City of Brotherly Love it seems is not a place good talent wants to play at or for. Fan behavior does play a role with keeping and acquiring talent.
Last edited by ONEDOLLAR on Sat. Jun. 18, 2016 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Jun. 18, 2016 9:14 am

I've heard a lot of Eagles football players comment on the fans and the consensus was if you were winning you don't want to be anywhere else. Eagles games are sold out, winning or losing. ;) The energy in that stadium is amazing.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Jun. 18, 2016 11:26 am

Ive always heard the Raiders fans, especially in a certain "dark" spot in the stadium, are people you don't want to be near if you are not for their team. I never knew Philly was bad, but I don't watch them play often.

davidmcbeth3

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Sat. Jun. 18, 2016 12:33 pm

warminmn wrote:Ive always heard the Raiders fans, especially in a certain "dark" spot in the stadium, are people you don't want to be near if you are not for their team. I never knew Philly was bad, but I don't watch them play often.
I'm a Bears fan...but I know that win or lose, I actually get nothing more out of the games than just the enjoyment (or suffering) of watching the game. Ditka never called me up or Halas ....

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 8:43 am

So I'm in a $300 a night Holiday Inn that is a dump for that kind of money. It's not dirty but certainly not a $300 room. Location ,location, location... it's about 1/2 mile walk from the stadium.

Anyhow had a really nice meal last night at a place called the Oregon Diner that's been around since the 60's. Typical diner with the lunch counter, seating, huge menu and huge portions. Prices were very reasonable. The people from Kansas enjoyed it because they don't quite have anything like that. We were just driving down the road and picked it at random, was a really good choice.

http://www.oregondinerphilly.com/

Heading out about 9:30 for some sites, perhaps lunch at one of those famous cheese steak places and then off to the game. We have club seats in the end zone which is really good thing because I won't have to worry about any friendly fire while sitting next to the Pittsburgh fan. :D I don't think he fully realizes what he's getting into. Apparently it's all you can drink and eat, unfortunately I need to drive home after the game so there won't be any drinking.

Go Eagles.

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 10:02 am

I strongly recommend that you wear non-distinct clothing.

VigIIPeaBurner
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker(down)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 10:13 am

Richard S. wrote:So I'm in a $300 a night Holiday Inn that is a dump for that kind of money. It's not dirty but certainly not a $300 room. Location ,location, location... it's about 1/2 mile walk from the stadium.

Anyhow had a really nice meal last night at a place called the Oregon Diner that's been around since the 60's. Typical diner with the lunch counter, seating, huge menu and huge portions. Prices were very reasonable. The people from Kansas enjoyed it because they don't quite have anything like that. We were just driving down the road and picked it at random, was a really good choice.

http://www.oregondinerphilly.com/

Heading out about 9:30 for some sites, perhaps lunch at one of those famous cheese steak places and then off to the game. We have club seats in the end zone which is really good thing because I won't have to worry about any friendly fire while sitting next to the Pittsburgh fan. :D I don't think he fully realizes what he's getting into. Apparently it's all you can drink and eat, unfortunately I need to drive home after the game so there won't be any drinking.

Go Eagles.
You missed the best opportunity to show the Kansans a true Philly event - going to the Philly steak shops at 03:30-04:30 am! Traffic use to stop in the streets and there were lines on both sides at both shops. You'd really get the flavor of the city for sure - cops, bus drivers, taxi drivers - anybody else leaving parties and bars. Something you don't forget :D

Have a great day at the game - Go Eagles!

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 11:01 am

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
warminmn wrote:Ive always heard the Raiders fans, especially in a certain "dark" spot in the stadium, are people you don't want to be near if you are not for their team. I never knew Philly was bad, but I don't watch them play often.
I'm a Bears fan...but I know that win or lose, I actually get nothing more out of the games than just the enjoyment (or suffering) of watching the game. Ditka never called me up or Halas ....
How bout them cowboys!!!

fifthg
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: warm morning # 500
Baseburners & Antiques: Peninsular Western Hot Blast No.44K and Reading Foundry & Supply Co.

Post by fifthg » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 7:49 pm

Boyoboy Richard,did you ever get to see a good game!Wentz is amazing!

Return to “Pro Sports, Entertainment, Movies & TV”