So I'm Going to See the Eagles Play Pittsburgh...

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 9:10 pm

I’m glad the Steelers lost but pissed that the Eagles won, I just cant win. :D

VigIIPeaBurner
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker(down)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 11:06 pm

gaw wrote:I’m glad the Steelers lost but pissed that the Eagles won, I just cant win. :D
That's why we have BEER!
:cheers: :beer:

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 11:14 pm

VigIIPeaBurner wrote:
gaw wrote:I’m glad the Steelers lost but pissed that the Eagles won, I just cant win. :D
That's why we have BEER!
:cheers: :beer:
Having a Fegley’s Rude Elf’s Reserve right now, it’s OK but their Imperial Pumpkin is excellent in my opinion.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 11:41 pm

Just got back, what a great day. We went to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, then took a 1 hour carriage ride. I would highly recommend the carriage ride if you are ever there especially if you like looking at the old architecture. There is a lot to see, many blocks. I'd actually suggest the carriage ride first because that will give you a good idea of what else you might want to see.

The horse was a riot, it was Canadian. LOL 2000 lbs and it's old job was pulling trees out of the woods. right at the start it pulls out of the stall and gets next to the another horse and just stops.... The kind lady driving explained he still thinks he is in the woods sometimes and is waiting for the other horse to move with him because they worked in pairs. Meanwhile traffic is backing up behind us because the horse don't want to move.

After she got the horse moving there was a fire station about half way through the tour that had a working trough outside. It even had a lower section for dogs. The horse took his drink but then it got interested in the recyclable bin next to it and knocked bottles and cans all over the road. Being the nice guy I was I cleaned it up quick. ;) Now I can say I have cleaned garbage from Philly streets. :)

Almost forgot, then we went and watched the Eagles annihilate the Steelers. It was actually quite tame, nothing like the crowd at the Vet I saw. Seats were decent, we were mid level on one side of the end zone. I was feeling sorry for the guy from Kansas by the fourth quarter.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Sep. 25, 2016 11:57 pm

fifthg wrote:Boyoboy Richard,did you ever get to see a good game!Wentz is amazing!
If he continues like this imagine what he will be like in 2 or 3 years. After last year they decided in January they were going after a quarterback at all costs and they surrounded him with very talented coaches, that is one of the reasons they have been able to get playing already. He also shows up at 5AM for practice before anyone else. That's the guy you want, even if he has mediocre talent he'll make up for it with hard work .

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Sep. 26, 2016 12:31 am

anthony7812 wrote:
How bout them cowboys!!!
They did OK .. Bears defense seemed to be asleep for one qtr.

But the Cowboys? They are not going anywhere, like Da Bears.

Big Ben looked way off today ... loss all on him. But don't worry, its one game.

Too bad it was basically a blow out ... funner to be at a game where your team is losing and comes back to win, like the Giants today (hehehehe).

Lets face it, Arnold Palmer did not even want to watch that Bears game.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Sep. 26, 2016 7:52 am

davidmcbeth3 wrote:
Too bad it was basically a blow out ... funner to be at a game where your team is losing and comes back to win, like the Giants today (hehehehe).
That's what I said to the guy from Kansas, wish the Steelers had won up until about 5 minutes into the fourth quarter. One good thing, we were on the end of the field where most of the action was. I think every touchdown except the first one was scored on the end zone we were on.

Lot of Steelers fans there and a lot of friendly ribbing from the Eagles fans, nothing nasty though. Even in Philadelphia the guy I was with getting it, he had a terrible towel. I didn't catch the first part of the conversation but he was talking to the security guard as were waiting to get into the Liberty Bell museum and I don't think it was about football. He put out his hand to shake and the guard says in all seriousness I can't do that. Steelers guy says "can I get a hand bump"? "No", says the security guard. At this point I'm thinking that is kind of rude but then the guard says, "Not with that thing in hanging out of your pocket" and he busted out into smile and put his hand out to shake. Then when we were going through the metal detectors they told him he couldn't bring it into the building and had to throw it away. :lol:

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Mon. Sep. 26, 2016 12:46 pm

Least my Bears had one good play ....

https://twitter.com/SelzerFX/status/780265825768972288

fifthg
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: warm morning # 500
Baseburners & Antiques: Peninsular Western Hot Blast No.44K and Reading Foundry & Supply Co.

Post by fifthg » Mon. Sep. 26, 2016 4:28 pm

Richard S. wrote:
fifthg wrote:Boyoboy Richard,did you ever get to see a good game!Wentz is amazing!
If he continues like this imagine what he will be like in 2 or 3 years. After last year they decided in January they were going after a quarterback at all costs and they surrounded him with very talented coaches, that is one of the reasons they have been able to get playing already. He also shows up at 5AM for practice before anyone else. That's the guy you want, even if he has mediocre talent he'll make up for it with hard work .
His throwing accuracy is amazing.He has set a rookie record for,at this point,over a hundred passes thrown without an interception.Accuracy and great decision making,i.e.,not throwing into well covered receivers.He has a good head on his shoulders.The team will rise together and play beyond expectation with Wentz leading them.

Return to “Pro Sports, Entertainment, Movies & TV”