Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Thu. Jun. 09, 2016 2:23 pm

Agreed ...some just like hatred... :(

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Thu. Jun. 09, 2016 2:38 pm

everyone has people that are hero status to them, or that they really admire. Ali was someone I very much admired, maybe because I watched all of his fights on TV and am an old time boxing fan. gaw, you really read my thoughts on this, thank you, and I expressed them in my thread too. My tribute... :box: :box: :box: :box: :box:

bambooboy
Baseburners & Antiques: imperial ringgold
Other Heating: woodstock soapstone,comfort,fisher,federal,fairy oak

Post by bambooboy » Thu. Jun. 09, 2016 7:03 pm

rberq wrote:BS, you call it? This is no BS, just an eloquent statement about a black man’s refusal to participate in one of the worst, most criminal wars ever waged by this country.

I ain’t draft dodging. I ain’t burning no flag. I ain’t running to Canada. I’m staying right here. You want to send me to jail? Fine, you go right ahead. I’ve been in jail for 400 years. I could be there for 4 or 5 more, but I ain’t going no 10,000 miles to help murder and kill other poor people. If I want to die, I’ll die right here, right now, fightin’ you, if I want to die. You my enemy, not no Chinese, no Vietcong, no Japanese. You my opposer when I want freedom. You my opposer when I want justice. You my opposer when I want equality. Want me to go somewhere and fight for you? You won’t even stand up for me right here in America, for my rights and my religious beliefs. You won’t even stand up for my right here at home.

-- Muhammad Ali
( I’ve been in jail for 400 years) rest in peace ALI. that being said,he really was dumb as a box of rocks.blacks in the thirdays,fortys& fifties got a better education even with being separate in schooling than todays blacks.read some Thomas soul,shelby steele,walter Williams. everything is political, I remember the hatred from the left when Reagan died. no hatred here but don't rewrite history,i lived thru it& was paying attention.

waldo lemieux

Post by waldo lemieux » Fri. Jun. 10, 2016 2:19 am

bambooboy wrote:he really was dumb as a box of rocks.blacks in the thirdays,fortys& fifties
Ill bet Grandmas knickers that he could spell " thirties , forties and fifties" and/or smart enough to figure out how to use spellcheck .... :roll:

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Fri. Jun. 10, 2016 5:48 am

waldo lemieux wrote:
bambooboy wrote:he really was dumb as a box of rocks.blacks in the thirdays,fortys& fifties
Ill bet Grandmas knickers that he could spell " thirties , forties and fifties" and/or smart enough to figure out how to use spellcheck .... :roll:
I figured he was already using autocorrect.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Fri. Jun. 10, 2016 7:52 am

waldo lemieux wrote:
Thanks for the laugh. Ive heard Ali called many things before but never dumb.

Return to “Pro Sports, Entertainment, Movies & TV”