Brady's 4 Game Suspension Reinstated!

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Fri. May. 06, 2016 6:14 am

Richard S. wrote:
SWPaDon wrote: But can it happen accidentlly to every ball but one?
Where was that ball filled with air compared to the others? I'm not saying they didn't do it on purpose, what I'm saying is it could happen accidentally.

If the deflated balls are stored in a hot room and then filled with room air to the correct pressure the air inside the ball is going to be slightly hotter. Even sitting in that room they are going to lose some pressure, when you expose them to the cold they are going to lose even more. Something like this can be inadvertent or on purpose. People have been able to duplicate the pressures in these balls by duplicating what the environmental conditions were. They may have taken advantage of environmental conditions but if that is all they did I'm not so sure that rises to the level of cheating.

You could even enhance this by filling the balls with air that was a lot hotter than the room air. Doing something like that is where you have crossed the line into cheating.
I agree that all those things could happen, but it would take some planning to make it so. Then (IIRC) the ball boy ended up with memorabilia as well as Brady refusing to turn over the cell phone records. Also, if memory serves, wasn't that one particular hard ball reserved for the kicker? If so, what are the odds? I believe this was why the suspension was reinstated.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Fri. May. 06, 2016 10:20 am

SWPaDon wrote: Also, if memory serves, wasn't that one particular hard ball reserved for the kicker? If so, what are the odds? I believe this was why the suspension was reinstated.
Perhaps they used a compressor and ball sitting outside for that one. ;)

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Fri. May. 06, 2016 10:44 am

Richard S. wrote:
SWPaDon wrote: Also, if memory serves, wasn't that one particular hard ball reserved for the kicker? If so, what are the odds? I believe this was why the suspension was reinstated.
:shh:

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Fri. May. 06, 2016 10:47 am

Richard S. wrote:
The assistant assistant ball boy did not get the word....and fixed one.

Stoker6268
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by Stoker6268 » Fri. May. 06, 2016 9:29 pm

:junmp:

Return to “Pro Sports, Entertainment, Movies & TV”