Black Sabbath Returns With "13"

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Jun. 15, 2013 6:50 am

The original drummer is not included who apparently left over a contract dispute. That's a shame, you would think at their age and place in Rock and Roll history they would be able to get it done.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/bla ... bxGMJxq4pA

Ozzy Osbourne and the members of Black Sabbath worked hard to create a dark aura around their band in the late 1960s, laying down a proto-metal blueprint for a legion of groups to follow.

As the band's original lineup attempted to reform over the last 10 years to record a long-anticipated new album — the first with Osbourne singing since he was fired in 1979 — there was no need to manufacture that sense of doom. Time and again events conspired to interfere. On its latest attempt, things went more awry than usual. Drummer Bill Ward left the band over a contract dispute. Guitarist Tony Iommi was diagnosed with lymphoma. And Osbourne began to drink again.

"Things always get messed up," Osbourne said. "Like Bill had the heart attack on one (in the late 1990s). When Tony got stricken by cancer, we went 'This is ... insane.' But he turned up every day. We all thought that if we don't get our march on with this thing we're going to be ... dead, by the next time we could all be ... dead. So we had to really march on with our project. We couldn't wait."
This is eerily similar to War Pigs. :?

Looks like I have a concert to purchase tickets for, undoubtedly this is not going to happen again. I had Eagles tickets once and gave them to a returning Iraq vet, that little devil on the one side is always going "Dumb Ass!" every time think about it. :P

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Sat. Jun. 15, 2013 11:20 am

SWEEEEEEEEEET!! That's some good stuff right there!! FINALLY - a new album that doesn't try to fit in with the "new" sound of music today. That first song is great!!

Gonna keep my eyes open for this one. Might just have to venture out of the neighborhood for this one. :D

rubicondave33
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite

Post by rubicondave33 » Sat. Jun. 15, 2013 4:14 pm

How awesome that a band who hasn't put out a new studio album since 1978 can still rock!
I've been hearing some of this stuff on Sirius for a little while now, bought the album when it dropped on Tuesday, worth the money!

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Sat. Jun. 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Mahahaha... I got to see em' live before Ozzy left, Iron Man was epic at 15 years old :lol:

mozz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam

Post by mozz » Sat. Jun. 15, 2013 8:42 pm

The girls in the audience weren't even born when most of their music was made. :roll: I can hear the "Wizard" now. :devil:

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Jun. 15, 2013 9:37 pm

mozz wrote:The girls in the audience weren't even born when most of their music was made. :roll: I can hear the "Wizard" now. :devil:
Wasn't impressed with the video, canned audiences never look right.

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Tue. Jun. 18, 2013 11:18 pm

I just purchased tickets, here's the view for the actual seats. I never though I would be able to see this band live. :nana:

Attachments

seats.jpg
.JPG | 95.2KB | seats.jpg

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Wed. Jun. 19, 2013 10:08 am

Nice! Just found out they will be hitting Mansfield, MA (used to be called "Great Woods" .... now who the hell knows .. the Verizon TD Bank Dunkin Donuts Starbucks Bank North arena ... or something .... :lol: ) in August. 8-)

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Aug. 12, 2013 5:05 am

For a bunch of old farts what a great show and what a great setting. Ozzy sounded great and so did the band.

Showed up about 3, pulled out the grill and cooked some steaks. Lot of other people tailgating, throwing the footballs around and other stuff. People were drinking beer openly and the cops were not bothering anyone which is bit different than it usually is around here. Perfect view of Citizens Bank Park to our left, The "Linc" in the center and the Spectrum off to the right. I wish I had a panoramic camera.

Some black guy comes walking up and starts telling jokes, his last one was "What do you call a black Pilot?"...... "A pilot you racist". :lol: We gave him a few bucks, it was worth it.

I had that one ticket left without any luck getting rid of it and I was about to throw it on the ground as we were getting close to the door. Some guy had a sign for one, he flew there by himself from South Carolina. That made my day becsue they were $100 tickets. Seats were a little far away but they were club seats. We had our own private bar and bathroom a few steps away, regular bar with beer or shots. Every time I went to get a beer there was no wait and no one in the bathroom. The bathroom itself was like one in a good quality restaurant, that by itself was worth the $100. LOL

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Sep. 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Couldn'thave been a better view in the parking lot. Here's what was directly in front of us.
0810131832.jpg
.JPG | 183.8KB | 0810131832.jpg
That's me, it's beer. We brought cups because we weren't sure of the rules but on second though it was really good idea anyway becsue they were insulated.

Off to the left the baseball park.
0810131838.jpg
.JPG | 98KB | 0810131838.jpg
Center stage "The Linc", my Brother got excited and thought the concert was there. LOL
0810131837.jpg
.JPG | 95.4KB | 0810131837.jpg
Off to the right the New Spectrum:
0810131837a.jpg
.JPG | 122.5KB | 0810131837a.jpg

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Mon. Sep. 09, 2013 3:45 pm

hey that looks like an uncle SI cup!

Richard S.
Mayor

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Sep. 09, 2013 3:49 pm

I don't think it had anything on it. Just a coffee cup.

Return to “Pro Sports, Entertainment, Movies & TV”