NHL This Year

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Thu. Nov. 08, 2012 7:42 am

Apparently since there are no posts regarding this, I am the only one on here that liked Hockey, but by the looks, we are not having another NHL season this year! :-(

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Thu. Nov. 08, 2012 8:44 am

Hockey? What is that? Is that the sport a bunch of girly men dressed in tights prance around on the ice and slap a little black egg size coal looking thing around?

Don't think many are missing the NHL. Even down this way 12 miles from the Garden.

Cyber36
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Marathon/Logwood

Post by Cyber36 » Thu. Nov. 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Oh, I miss it, BUT - since it's the second time this has happened in the last decade I am no longer quick to forgive. When the Commishiner sides with the owners, not much can/will be accomplished in contract negoshations. I'm surprised that the players turned down a 50% profit sharing agreement. Go figure.......

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Thu. Nov. 08, 2012 3:53 pm

ONEDOLLAR wrote:Hockey? What is that?

Don't think many are missing the NHL. Even down this way 12 miles from the Garden.
Know what you mean, I too grew up near tha gahdin,#4 undeniable the greatest hockey player evah, with Espo, and Sanderson and who can forget Wayne Cashman with that left upper cut, hey went to the fights many times and a hockey game would broke out. Some of the best games the Bruins did not win score wise :box:

michaelanthony

Post by michaelanthony » Thu. Nov. 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Ooops to much coffee.

oros35
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Cozeburn OWB burning Bit
Baseburners & Antiques: 1912 Smith & Anthony Hub Heater #215

Post by oros35 » Fri. Nov. 09, 2012 10:33 am

The part I miss the most is the free box seats with the vendors company credit card! Usually have gone to a few games by now.

I enjoy watching the game, and it's something to talk about other than football. But haven't really noticed it was gone.

sterling40man
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K6

Post by sterling40man » Fri. Nov. 09, 2012 4:24 pm

They had another meeting scheduled today................I hope they can reach some sort of agreement. They're starting to act like our congress! :shock:

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Fri. Nov. 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Pretty much the reason I don't watch hardly any Pro sports. Spoiled premadona guys, filthy rich owners, no incentive to play hard, cost of tickets, beer, hot dogs, etc. out of sight. Funny, down south here, they could care less about pro sports. But they will kill each other over college football.

Kevin

NoSmoke
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Nov. 10, 2012 8:25 am

ONEDOLLAR wrote:Hockey? What is that? Is that the sport a bunch of girly men dressed in tights prance around on the ice and slap a little black egg size coal looking thing around?

You got the wrong game my friend, that is Football. That is the sport where they are a bunch of sissies. They go to a line, stick their hinies up so the one big shot on the team, who does all the work, can look down at these big girly guys with their hinies facing them. Then the ball...which does not even resemble a ball, this half round, half oblong thing with frilly laces, is tossed back and he looks around scared to death that he might get hit, so he throws it...to some guy who has every padding on known to man, and yet is still to scared...like a prissy sissy girl scout...sees another guy heading towards him...and runs into a safe out of bounds zone so that he won't get hurt. BUT if he does make it to some end zone...which is 50 yards wide and 10 yards deep...who could not get a ball into that!...does some sissy dance for 10 minutes thinking he is all that and a pair of frilly longerie to boot. But even then the stupid game allows for 14 different people to object against the score...which...means you get a bunch of points and not just one, which makes me wonder...why? Then some sissy kicker is supposed to kick the ball over this bar which is the size of Texas...again who could NOT do that, and get 3 points for the maneuver. All the while they can play with the clock, the last 2 minutes of the game taking longer then the first 58 minutes. And in between the game being played, you have women dressing up with very little clothing as they parade their wares on their careers into prostitution when they get older and can no longer do...whatever the heck they are supposed to do...for the team.

Football...what a STUPID GAME!!

Oh but compare this to hockey, which is a bunch of guys wielding a club, with razor blades tied to their feet, which there is no out of bounds and speeds move at 35 mph. They are moving a puck, that not only looks like a buck, is hard rubber, frozen and a mere 3 inches in diameter. And that is supposed to go into a hole that is 6 feet by 4 feet wide protected by a guy that is 7 feet high and 4 feet wide with every pad on known to man. And if you do manage to do the impossible and get the frozen biscuit doing 90 mph into the net, well you get...my, my, my ONE stupid point for doing so. No wonder the scores are typically 3-2 instead of 49-34 or some crazy number sequence like in football. And in hockey, no sissies allowed since Wayne Gretzy left the ice...nope you get a stick to the chest a few times and you just drop the gloves and pound the guys face in...do that on the street and you get a fine and jail time, but in hockey...ahh we are forgiving...just a 5 minute time out. But the greatest thing is, in between times on the ice, us fans are subjected to the humorous little Pee-Wee hockey players who fall down for no reason, but play their heart out in trying to be like their big league counterparts. No stupid half dressed women and no silly final game where if you get lucky, you might win the Superbowl. On no, not with hockey, if you get your name on the Stanley Cup it is because you went through 4 rounds, of up to 7 games to win that prize. When you heft that silver goblet by God you are the darn best that year and deserve it!!

Boys...Hockey is a real game. Football...down right stupid and getting worse every day with all their new sissy rules.

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Sat. Nov. 10, 2012 8:46 am

NOBODY is worth the money these players get....end of story!!!!! It's just a GD game, not a lifestyle! Orr, Cashman, Esposito.......they didn't shave their legs and weekend in San Fran! Men were men, and women were damned glad of it!

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Sat. Nov. 10, 2012 9:24 am

Amen Wistlenut.. Amen....

Nosmoke..

Football may or may not becoming sissified. That could be a good debate. In some ways I agree with you. The sad truth is very few are missing Hockey and yet 65,0000+ pack into every home game of the Pats. The NHL offered a 50% profit share and the players rejected it. Many NHL teams are barely clinging to life and this was prior to the strike/lockout. If this continues it could spell the end of the NHL or a massive sell off of many weak teams.

NoSmoke

Post by NoSmoke » Sun. Nov. 11, 2012 4:25 pm

I hear ya...I was just trying to thin out the football nuts so that we could half way decent conversation about the NHL here (he, he, he)

I agree with all of you. This is the second time, they refused good wages and I just don't care. I can watch a good AHL Game or some of the kid divisions and be just as interested. The world does not live in a vacuum and if the NHL players think they are all that, well...watch out, we love the game of hockey, not any individual on a team.

michaelanthony

Post by michaelanthony » Sun. Nov. 11, 2012 10:17 pm

When I was a kid,40 yrs. ago, I think....my uncle would take my brother and I to countless B.U. hockey games at Walter Brown arena on commomwealth ave. in boston. The place was nuts, and then he would take us to the Bean Pot turny at the baston gahden. Best damm hockey evah. Screw the pro's if you can catch a big east or any other college hockey game, do it. You will not be disappointed. I promise, and the best thing is the price..cheap.

Return to “Pro Sports, Entertainment, Movies & TV”