Cucumbers an onions

theo

Post by theo » Sat. Apr. 03, 2021 8:51 pm

Cucumbers, peeled and seeded. Raw onion into stir fry type pieces. Mayo, vinegar, S&P to taste. Simple, delicious. Wife makes cucumbers and onions two different ways, I like them both. Her usual go to recipe is cucumbers and red or white onions with white vinegar and an equal amount of water, salt and pepper. She has put a table spoon of sugar in it to temper the vinegar but I don’t like it that way.
Second recipe is to salt the onion and cucumber and let it sweat a bit and then add sour cream and fresh or dried dill, mix and the add pepper and more salt if needed. Grew cucumbers last year and this year I’m growing cucumbers and for the first time onions. I didn’t know onions grew well in sandy soil.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Thu. Jan. 20, 2022 12:07 pm

Since no one else has...I’ll bite. LOL!

Throw some tomaters in with the vinegar, cukes, and onions, then place in the fridge for a day or two and let them marinate, then serve. No sugar! A little salt and pepper to taste...fresh ground, of course.

Some nice recipes I’m going to try. Only way I’ve ever had it was what I wrote above.

Return to “Food & Recipes”