Boilo coal region elixir

Den034071
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095

Post by Den034071 » Mon. Jan. 20, 2020 6:08 pm

CK you stirred me memory . Heres local Coaldale recipe .Quart of whiskey 4 Roses or P M whiskey .P M stands for Polish Mary a 25 cents a shot . Three oranges and lemons small handful raisons two cinnamon stix cup to cup and half of honey .Peel fruit squeeze out juice quarter f ruit in small pieces .Put all fruit in pot add water about20 ounces Simmer on lo heat Not Hot .Add hiskey after simmering 15 minutes .Strain the mix to remove fruit .Serve in shot glass .In coal regions this is popular at Christmas and sometimes at gatherings . Served arm .Great drink if you have a chest cold . As I type my Polish buddy is here visiting .The P M whiskey I mentioned is what the miners liked at Twenty Five cents a shot .Polish Mary . Try it .jack

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Mon. Jan. 20, 2020 7:45 pm

Hey Jack, that's close to the "generic" recipe I found several places on line. I guess different folks tweek it to their taste. I made a batch just before Christmas.

Be careful with that cheep booze, my cousin drinks Vladimir vodka all the time and his doctor told him his liver numbers were elevated in a blood test. Expensive booze may not be any better but you drink less.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Jan. 20, 2020 8:18 pm

Says who Glen????????????????????????? LOL what don't kill ya,is bound to cure ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Return to “Food & Recipes”