Best Pizza in Pennsylvania

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 8:36 pm

I had Roma's and it is good. Never been to any of the others. Mr Mayor may take exception to the list, rumor has it he is a pizza connoisseur. :D

https://bigseventravel.com/2019/12/pennsylvania-pizza/

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 9:01 pm

palermos pizza in minersville is much better. and it's easier to park.
one of my customers took me to roma once, the pizza was not as good as palermos.

gaw

Post by gaw » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 9:06 pm

Been there too and it is good. These lists are very subjective. I like most pizza, even that stuff that goes round and round at the gas station. :hangover:

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 9:24 pm

gaw wrote:
Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 9:06 pm
Been there too and it is good. These lists are very subjective. I like most pizza, even that stuff that goes round and round at the gas station. :hangover:
Oh, God Glenn... me too unfortunately. Truck driver diet. I’m certain that stuff is the spawn of Satan himself, it cannot be ignored. I walk in and say to myself that I will not give in. I get my Dr. Pepper and head to the register, trying not to look at it. It has more miles on it by that point than I do.

She asks “Is that everything sir”. “Yes ma’am it is... well... wait... I really need two slices of that pizza there please”. As I burp and fart all afternoon I recall how horrible of a decision that was.

Pizza Star and Foxes around here for me please, Best Way sucks. I still like to get stuffed crust at Pizza Hut now and then.

KLook
Other Heating: Wishing it was cold enough for coal here....not really

Post by KLook » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 9:36 pm

There is no bad pizza, only better pizza...

Kevin

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 9:38 pm

Tyler,after reading that,and the visual that it caused,are You sure this damned thing shouldn't be in FSC?!?!??? Now I damn near got the Trots,and I may have to go outside and smoke a Cowboy Killer just to get the Virtual Taste this has caused out of my mouth! Ulp! On a more serious note,You Pensy Folks got some Dynamite Italian Chowhalls and Pizza Joints!!

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Mon. Jan. 06, 2020 8:05 am

I’m telling ya Bob the crust on that stuff is so hard if I threw it out the window it would shatter a windshield.

But ya just can’t say no. :lol:

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Mon. Jan. 06, 2020 9:31 am

VENICE PIZZA , located on 3rd street Williamsport. Best pizza in the state by far..... that pittston stuff is garbage, lets see the comments on that hahaha.

tcalo
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40
Coal Size/Type: Nut/stove anthracite

Post by tcalo » Mon. Jan. 06, 2020 11:32 am

You fellas should take a trip out to NY...now that’s pizza!!!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Mon. Jan. 06, 2020 11:47 am

I'm still looking for the Italian Defamer that long ago declared Pizza an American Culinary Invention! I'm still awestruck from that Meet-N-Greet Gut-Blast at the La Casa Dolce in The Tamaqua!!

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Jan. 06, 2020 12:29 pm

KLook wrote:
Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 9:36 pm
There is no bad pizza, only better pizza...

Kevin
And then there's the pizza that never was. I still remember ballpark 30 years or so ago when I was in Italy on a joint venture business trip, and I was standing at the window watching the dough being tossed into the air. I tried to get my Italian company hosts to join me to a pizza, but they were rather high class, and apparently pizza isn't. And neither is what we commonly refer to here as "spaghetti ". When (after a few days of fine dining) I asked why I never saw what Americans call "spaghetti" on the menu anywhere (or anything containing a tomato based sauce in general), I got some blank stares. Then later, one of the group pulled me aside in private and whispered that it may be eaten at home and in private, but never in public, and never to be openly discussed. When I asked why, he asked me: "Who from Italy immigrated to the USA?". I tossed up my hands, and was given the answer that only the lowest of the peasant class left Italy for the USA, and they took their peasant foods with them. This was in northern Italy, and they were indeed a pompous bunch. Later, when I was eating what they referred to as "small birds" (I swear they were sparrows) I picked one up and tossed it into my mouth and openly announced to those starring that I was a barbarian. Apparently Italians and barbarians have a not very social relational history that goes back millennia, so I seriously crashed and burned with that one. I'm sure I left them with some rather poor opinions of Americans.

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Mon. Jan. 06, 2020 12:46 pm

I forgot to mention that not long after the joint venture was in full bloom, and the Italian entourage was finally here for their extended visit to watch us making their products, thanks in great part to my efforts, it was not long after that when I was invited to leave that company. What gratitude.

gaw

Post by gaw » Mon. Jan. 06, 2020 12:54 pm

I had heard from others who traveled to Italy that they did not serve pasta with tomato sauce in restaurants. I'll eat almost anything if it's in tomato sauce.

I once told a Spaniard in Jersey that I was surprised to find out he was not Porter Rican. He found that to be very insulting.

Those Europeans are quite the sanctimonious bunch and racist to boot.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Jan. 06, 2020 12:56 pm

WTF--some times people don't appreciate what they have Larry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
lsayre wrote:
Mon. Jan. 06, 2020 12:46 pm
I forgot to mention that not long after the joint venture was in full bloom, and the Italian entourage was finally here for their extended visit to watch us making their products, thanks in great part to my efforts, it was not long after that when I was invited to leave that company. What gratitude.

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Mon. Jan. 06, 2020 1:02 pm

Apparently northern Italy is quite different from Italy further south. But I believe the northern Italy pizza still had tomato based sauce. Honestly, I can't remember anymore. All I focused upon was the dough spinning in the air and the dream of eating a real Italian pizza.
Last edited by lsayre on Mon. Jan. 06, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Food & Recipes”