Generally with 2 to 3 pound pork loin:
- The night before or at least one hour before cooking cover with your favorite marinade or pork rub, salt, pepper etc. Try an avoid sugary marinades or rubs.
- Set it out on the counter about two hours before you are going to cook it, you should do this with any meat you are going to cook fast like steaks.
- Preheat the oven to 420.
- Over medium high heat sear all sides of it for 10 minutes turning when necessary. I usually turn it twice which is enough to get a nice sear all the way around.
- Leave it in the pan and Immediately place in the oven for 20 minutes. This time will vary slightly. I test meat by pushing on it with my finger, I'm looking for just a little bit of give for this cut. Not sure what the temp is but I would guess around 150.
- Take it out of the oven and place on a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil and let it sit 5 to 10 minutes before cutting it into pieces about 1/2 thick and serve immediately.
- Bake time will vary depending on the size of the cut but if you hit it just right there will be no pink and it will be one the most tender pieces of meat you have eaten.