Beef

robb

Post by robb » Sun. Jan. 08, 2017 10:42 am

FREETOWN: you are correct, but living where I live, in the heart of Amish Country, they have aura about them that they are above reproach and are all great....WELP, I have watched them drive prices up at sales, low ball people, then want to sell their stuff for gold style prices.....

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. Jan. 08, 2017 10:52 am

I have watched them drive prices up at sales, low ball people, then want to sell their stuff for gold style prices.....
Oh, you mean like Walmart.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sun. Jan. 08, 2017 10:54 am

robb....you gotta watch for the ferguson and hassler once per year meat sale. we hit up the F&H in Quarryville, (well by 'we' I mean the spousal unit) stock up, separate and wrap for about two hours (that is a true 'we' event) and load up the freezer. Good meat at good prices, sets us up for the rest of the year.

Dennis
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size

Post by Dennis » Sun. Jan. 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Robb, when we took our steer's to Toby Hill ( located in Honey Brook) they would let them hang for 2 weeks then butcher them,wicth made the meat more tender It was awhile ago when we had them done . I belive they are a organic farm, if that means anything to you.Honey Brook isn't all that far from you,sorry I don't have their number

top top

Post by top top » Sat. Feb. 18, 2017 7:18 am

Just saw this post. I have nothing but good to say about Amos Lapp, at Lapp's Meat Shop, I think his address is Quarryville. He will set you up with another customer to share a beef or hog. He will buy an auction steer for you, or you can buy one of his grass fed animals. Or you can acquire your own and make an appointment. I think his number is 717-786-5067. He makes the best scrapple around. He, his brother, and brother-in-law have three adjacent farms, between them they can usually sell you most anything. Beef, pork, poultry, lamb, mutton, etc.

Mr Zimmerman is a Mennonite farmer near Wakefield that I bought butcher hogs from. I don't have his number, you can get it from Amos. He also has beef, and will transport your animal to Lapp's or another butcher if you want. He is also a good man to do business with. He does not medicate his hogs other than antibiotics if one gets sick, then he will not sell it for several weeks to insure the drugs are out of its system. And he will tell you if it has ever been medicated and offer a different animal if you want.

BTW, I have not raised any beef or bought live stock for the last 3-4 years, so I don't know if anything has changed.

Return to “Food & Recipes”