Salmon Over Lobster Claw

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sun. Nov. 23, 2014 6:51 pm

I am not sure, but I think Katie likes to be cooked for now and then. :-)

I took some time and threw together a little dinner for Katie one Saturday night before the big blizzard hit on Sunday (16 inches of snow). As she bathed and relaxed in the tub surrounded by bubbles and candles; I made a nice a nice maple glazed salmon over lobster claw meal. I steamed up a lobster, then ripped off its claws and cut the meat in half and laid it under the cedar smoked salmon. This was done up with a sesame oil/maple syrup glaze that sounds weird, but works well for a sweet, rich taste that only salmon and lobster can pull off. Fresh cut scallions added some zest and color to the fish.

I then cooked up some asparagus to go with it, and while it looks horrible in the photo, it was actually really good since it was not rubbery, nor too raw either. Fresh bread dipped into olive oil and garlic added to the fare, while for desert I warmed up some fresh brownies, added a dollop of black raspberry ice cream to that, and together with a little wine had a nice candle light meal with Katie as the baby slept.

Always one to embellish my garnish, I placed the legs of the left over lobster carcass on a lettuce leaf and then sliced up some apples for color. With a towel warmed in the dryer upon her exit from the tub (a nice touch). It was a REALLY good meal and it was a pleasure to serve my wife dinner for a change since she does so for me so many times, though I was well rewarded for the effort.
DSCN2563.JPG
.JPG | 151.9KB | DSCN2563.JPG

Return to “Food & Recipes”