Outdoor griddles

Rinderciller
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Salamander
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Diesel, Propane, and a Mini Split

Post by Rinderciller » Thu. Jan. 26, 2023 12:46 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
Wed. Jan. 18, 2023 12:53 pm
Meat "juices" is where a lot of the flavor is. Cooked over an open grill and a lot of those juices and flavor are lost into the fire. Good for anyone standing downwind, but not so good for those eating.

That is why so many recipes for beef start out searing the outside at very high temp to seal the juices in.

Paul
People cook their meat past 15 seconds a side..... no wonder they lose all the flavor. It's probably why the neighbor gets a worried look on his face when I stare longingly at his cows. :D :lol:

Rinderciller
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Salamander
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Diesel, Propane, and a Mini Split

Post by Rinderciller » Thu. Jan. 26, 2023 12:51 pm

If you make your own tortillas you can make huge ones on a griddle, which leads to huge burritos. I know from experience that this happens often in my house, my son takes a bag with him for his freezer for quick lunches and a change from the ever present sandwiches. You can do pitas to for donairs from scratch.

tcalo
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40
Coal Size/Type: Nut/stove anthracite

Post by tcalo » Wed. May. 17, 2023 4:06 pm

Well, it's been a few months since the griddle purchase. I now have a few meals under my belt and am happy to report that it is working out great. The meals are delicious and cleanup is simple. The surface area is huge allowing me to cook a ton of food for our family and have everything ready at the same time. Everything stays so juicy and doesn't dry out. Perfect sear on meats!!! The only draw back is that they are messy. When I initially seasoned it I did get some oil splatter on me and the patio. Cooking certain foods does gets messy, like bacon. So now I use the griddle on my lawn and just wear an apron. Better to make a mess outside than inside. Bring on summer!!!

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Wed. May. 17, 2023 8:15 pm

Just cook things in your bathtub ,,, ceramic so no stains and easy cleanup, just turn the shower on.

Works for me.

theo

Post by theo » Thu. Nov. 30, 2023 8:48 am

You my sir are an animal! My kind of cooking! LOL. :yes:

Return to “Food & Recipes”