Diet for Health

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Wed. Apr. 05, 2023 6:27 am

[media] [/media]

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 8:15 am

Low carb isn’t the answer for everyone. If it were all other diets would be wiped off the “diet map”. Again, you were over weight. You’ve never been truly over weight. That’s not to say the diet still wouldn’t work for you. It worked for me long before you came onto this forum. I know people morbidly obese that it has not helped…incidentally neither has other diets they have been placed on by doctors. One of those people is my dad who is retired now.

He worked 12 hour days in a factory 5 days a week, 6 more factory hours on Saturday morning, then he and I cut firewood on the side the entire time I grew up and we delivered and stacked it all. They dump it on the customer today or charge them more for stacking. All while way more over weight than you in that video…and he could twist either of us in half if and whenever he chose to…even today. Been on blood pressure pills since a junior in high school when he graduated at the same weight I did, 165 lbs and was not obese then. Explain the need for the blood pressure pills then doctor Coldhouse.

His lifestyle baffled doctors because they thought he was inactive…yet he was always physically busy.

See, I’m a dog man too.

Just like looking at one’s self, or even one’s family, those near where you live, you half to look at all the people just like all the dogs…not just those dogs you raise.

People are just like dogs…temperaments are different and so are the physical attributes even within the same breed.,.something you should be well aware of as a breeder.

I can show you Labradors Retrievers built for swimming, yet others built for running. Some are bred and better suited for chasing up upland mountain birds, some are flat land runners of other upland birds. The same breed of dog bred differently for different jobs. One can’t handle the other. They aren’t built for it. Their weight are far different. Their size is far different. Their chest cavities are smaller or narrower therefore they take in and expel air differently. Their facial structures are different with longer or shorter noses…again they take air in and expel it differently. For both their chest size and shape as well as their nose size and shape their wind capacity is different and therefore the length of time they can each run. Their feet and legs are different. Some have a hare foot with the toes being longer, good for swimming yet prone to problems. Some have a cat foot, shorter in the toes and less prone to problems. Shorter tails, longer tails, how the tail affects the ability to swim etc. Chest width and how it affects the ability to swim. I could go on. One Hunter claiming one dog is inferior or superior to the other, yet both have their place, just like a wide receiver and a lineman in football. They’re both Labradors, but they even look different and don’t fit the “standard” but they’re DNA says they are indeed Labrador Retrievers. People are no different. No two people the same not meant to be the same. Therefore, one diet will not, does not and will never work for all people.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 1:18 pm

Insulin spikes and resistance is a big issue.

There is no amount of exercise that can defeat a bad diet.

If a person is obese they got that way by consuming more calories than they need.

Thinking that obesity is not directly related to food intake is idiotic.

If you are heavier than you should be you are eating too many calories or the wrong food.

Vitamins and nutrients should come from the food we eat.

Saying a diet doesn't work is subjective hearsay when there is no controlled environment.

Dietitians and health professionals that are obese can preach about diet. Somebody decided the food pyramid was a good ideology. How has that worked out?

If you think that a person that is 145 that weighed 205 was not obese then you are mistaken look at the attachment.
Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 1.17.03 PM.png
.PNG | 216.5KB | Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 1.17.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 1.20.30 PM.png
.PNG | 149.9KB | Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 1.20.30 PM.png

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 2:53 pm

Ahhhh yes, the proverbial attachment???? Meat & potato's, that's what I'm talkin about!!! :clap: :)

Attachments

IMG_0004.JPG
.JPG | 67KB | IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005 - Copy.JPG
.JPG | 76.1KB | IMG_0005 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0001 - Copy.JPG
.JPG | 56.4KB | IMG_0001 - Copy.JPG

davidmcbeth3
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra

Post by davidmcbeth3 » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 3:46 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 1:18 pm

If a person is obese they got that way by consuming more calories than they need.

snip
171.jpg
.JPG | 116.3KB | 171.jpg
That's what Dr. Pulaski said years ago....I trust her on this subject matter

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 4:54 pm

A person 6'6" and 300# is obese
Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 4.53.07 PM.png
.PNG | 218.2KB | Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 4.53.07 PM.png

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 5:07 pm

That chart doesn’t at all take into account a persons skeletal features, big bones versus smaller bones.

I’ve seen guys 6’6” with narrow shoulders, then there are those with wide shoulders, and those with even wider shoulders. You chart doesn’t account for that so those men will never weigh the same and aren’t supposed to.

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 5:08 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 2:53 pm
Ahhhh yes, the proverbial attachment???? Meat & potato's, that's what I'm talkin about!!! :clap: :)
Great response. I love it!

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 5:24 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
The typical diet my grandparents survived on (south eastern KY) is frowned upon by every modern doctor alive today. They survived on high carb diets full of animal fats (lard), red meats, pork, and gravy and biscuits on a daily basis.

They ate three huge meals a day, didn’t know what exercise was because all they did was work. They worked at work and when they were home they worked.

They were not fat, but according to every modern doctor their diet was horrible…yet they somehow lived to be in their 90’s despite your own thoughts of what is correct for all people.

Their work load did defeat their bad diet because they were not fat. High carbs, high protein intake in the form of much red and white meat. By the way, they loved sweet tea and cobblers too, homemade pies and cakes too.

Their work did overcome their bad diet. Eat that diet without that type of work would be bad for weight gain by any standard.

I guess you have it all figured out for the rest of us.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 5:44 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 5:07 pm
That chart doesn’t at all take into account a persons skeletal features, big bones versus smaller bones.

I’ve seen guys 6’6” with narrow shoulders, then there are those with wide shoulders, and those with even wider shoulders. You chart doesn’t account for that so those men will never weigh the same and aren’t supposed to.
I have seen petite people get obese and appear to have wide shoulders.

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 5:47 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 5:44 pm
I have seen petite people get obese and appear to have wide shoulders.
I understand that, but those folks are not at all what I was referring to. Those folks are not at all typical of a large framed individual with massive bone structure. For those type folks they wipe their butts with those charts. But you have highly educated people who would force such charts into people because that’s what their school forced into their little pea brain, besides common sense.

You ever shook hands with a guy whose hands covered an 8” paper plate or larger. How about a man whose hands were thick front to back? Thick hands like grabbing a family Bible with fingers like Polish sausages. Not fat…massively thick and muscular.

Some guys have are wide and thin, others wide and thick, others massively wide and thick. Charts lump everyone into one box that doesn’t fit everyone.

Ask any doctor in his 80’s still practicing and they’ll tell you the numbers for being a diabetic were changed years ago. Sale for high blood pressure and cholesterol. Some doctors will tell you they did this to help prevent problems, yet others will be honest and tell you big pharma was behind it. As they often say, follow the money and you’ll find the truth. Hey! Here’s a way to sell more pills. Woohoo!!! Crooks!!!! Dishonest human heathen…of the worst kind. Liars!!!!
Last edited by Hoytman on Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 5:50 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 5:24 pm
The typical diet my grandparents survived on (south eastern KY) is frowned upon by every modern doctor alive today. They survived on high carb diets full of animal fats (lard), red meats, pork, and gravy and biscuits on a daily basis.

They ate three huge meals a day, didn’t know what exercise was because all they did was work. They worked at work and when they were home they worked.

They were not fat, but according to every modern doctor their diet was horrible…yet they somehow lived to be in their 90’s despite your own thoughts of what is correct for all people.

Their work load did defeat their bad diet because they were not fat. High carbs, high protein intake in the form of much red and white meat. By the way, they loved sweet tea and cobblers too, homemade pies and cakes too.

Their work did overcome their bad diet. Eat that diet without that type of work would be bad for weight gain by any standard.

I guess you have it all figured out for the rest of us.
I simply said that I was heavy and didn't want to go into my golden years with the effects of being fat. I showed success of maintaining weight loss after 2 years and suggested that there are ways to lose weight.

You are the one that has it all figured out. Think what you want. Seems like you know everything there is to know about healthy eating and diet. Consider writing a book.

ColdHouse

Post by ColdHouse » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 5:55 pm

Hoytman wrote:
Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 5:47 pm
I understand that. That not at all typical of a large framed individual with massive bone structure. For those folks they wipe their butts with those charts. But you have highly educated people who would force such charts into people because that’s what their school forced into their little pea brain, besides common sense.
Common sense? I don't need a chart to look in the mirror and see I have a big gut, double chin, and can't touch my toes. I only posted a chart because you said I wasn't fat or obese. A 145# person was carrying around an extra 60#. That is over 40% extra weight.

I know a thing or two about small large frame. All my siblings were or close to 6ft. I have the wide frame but only 5'6".
You don't have to be heavy or fat to be strong.
Here is my son.
[media]https://youtube.com/shorts/kgGS1cQBQhY[/media]

Hoytman

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 6:06 pm

I wasn’t even referring to you other than you saying you wasn’t really that big. Big yes, not truly obese compared to many other people much, much larger than even you or me. Yet you make it sound like what you did will work for those types of people too. Some, it likely would help, that I’ll grant you. Others have some sort of chemistry imbalance in their bodies…possibly even caused by farming chemicals. Who knows? I don’t, and neither do you…but you present this grand plan of yours like everyone should follow your advice. If it works for you, great. Thanks for putting it out there for others to see.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Wed. Apr. 19, 2023 6:08 pm

ColdHouse wrote:
Insulin spikes and resistance is a big issue.

Thinking that obesity is not directly related to food intake is idiotic.

If you are heavier than you should be you are eating too many calories or the wrong food.

Vitamins and nutrients should come from the food we eat.

Saying a diet doesn't work is subjective hearsay when there is no controlled environment.

Dietitians and health professionals that are obese can preach about diet. Somebody decided the food pyramid was a good ideology. How has that worked out?

If you think that a person that is 145 that weighed 205 was not obese then you are mistaken look at the attachment.

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 1.17.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 1.20.30 PM.png
What I ate in Basic Training in 1971, by today standards would be considered a "bad diet". Within 2 months I had lost 15 pounds from when I first arrived at Fort Ord (6 foot and 180 lbs), and it was all lost by exercise. Look up what the Army's daily recommended calories count was. When I left Basic I was 165 pounds. And that was with just running three miles and an hour of PT five days a week burned up more calories than I was shoveling in with the Army's version of a greasy, high carb "bad diet" of several thousand calories per day on a warm weather post ( I still love the Army version of SOS).

Paul

Return to “Health”