Naegleria fowleri (PAM)

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 9:53 am

Brain eating ameba. Once infected you only have about a 3% chance of living. I Came across it in Silver Springs in Florida (Ocala), the RV park on route 4 has deep crystal clear fresh water very inviting when it's hot and humid. I was told clearly, stay away as there had been number of deaths. Now I see it is in Lake Meade CA and I am sure SW Florida. The ameba enter through the nose only. So watch warm fresh water swimming and this part is no joke.

HB appears to have the symptoms of having his brain eaten out but the water where he is is too cold.

Retro_Origin
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1957 Axeman Anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat / Pea

Post by Retro_Origin » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 12:24 pm

coalnewbie wrote:
Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 9:53 am
Brain eating ameba. Once infected you only have about a 3% chance of living. I Came across it in Silver Springs in Florida (Ocala), the RV park on route 4 has deep crystal clear fresh water very inviting when it's hot and humid. I was told clearly, stay away as there had been number of deaths. Now I see it is in Lake Meade CA and I am sure SW Florida. The ameba enter through the nose only. So watch warm fresh water swimming and this part is no joke.

HB appears to have the symptoms of having his brain eaten out but the water where he is is too cold.
Yeah...I'll take the "colder" weather...tropics include snakes, gators, a plethera of insects and from your post a host of unknowns...

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 2:07 pm

Ivermectin ?

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 2:16 pm

Sorry no, amebae are very tough to treat. A drug has been given in a clinical trial but is not promising. IF you are determined to be brave then a good fitting nose clip is the 100% answer. Me, I will run a nice hot bath and play with my yellow rubber ducky.

I only got reminded by Shelley sister in CA. Lake Meade is still a popular play spot and the locals are having a chit fit. Personally, I don't blame them. It is becoming much more prevalent.

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 3:06 pm

There are some scary bugs out there.
Heres another one.Why do they keep messing with this stuff, then its Opps!!! it escaped. Sorrrrrry.

"Boston University researchers claim to have developed new, more lethal COVID strain in lab"
https://www.foxnews.com/us/boston-university-leth ... strain-lab

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 3:31 pm

Yes k-2 I read that and what the hell are they doing? There are always accidents look at Wuhan. More importantly Russia or other evil doers know that it can be done and will try to copy the idea. Many smart people have thought that this is the way we kill ourselves and I am starting to agree.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 6:47 pm

So does that mean fewer people using coal so the price will go down? Sorry, I'm a the glass is half full kind of guy.

k-2
Stoker Coal Boiler: K2- Keystoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker Stove
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by k-2 » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 7:05 pm

coalnewbie wrote:
Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 3:31 pm
Yes k-2 I read that and what the hell are they doing? There are always accidents look at Wuhan. More importantly Russia or other evil doers know that it can be done and will try to copy the idea. Many smart people have thought that this is the way we kill ourselves and I am starting to agree.
I agree ,you have to assume it will escape by accident or even on purpose at some point. Imagine if covid was one of those that kills 70 to 80% of those infected

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Oct. 24, 2022 7:23 am

90% of medical advances ion the last 100 years were when we learned to clear away the garbage and the rules of good plumbing.

SW Florida will take 50 years to clean up and it's not just getting a bigger bulldozer etc it's mother nature. The next biggy will be Vibrio Cholerae the list is endless and we are just not that smart. Shrimp boats will now give us Vibrio Vulnificus (yep that flesh eating bug) forget shrimp and bottom feeders. E Coli, entercocci, even Chagas. Those Sanibel aristocracy members will get a lesson indeed. No wading through that swampy water. Alligators, snakes, giant spiders, beetles that need Pratt and Whitney engines. Learn to eat scrapple ..btw .. what the phk is that?

I advise that all coal board moderators sell their Florida mansions. hahahahhaha, I just kill myself

Return to “Health”