Polio

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Tue. Aug. 16, 2022 5:24 pm

and just down the road is polio in the waste water. I'm not connected so I don't care and I am not getting jabbed for sure

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Tue. Aug. 16, 2022 5:43 pm

my moms classmates got polio from the shot.
i'm not getting any of it, never have and never will. Thank God my mom had the sense to say no to that stuff! I tried that with my son and his mother had him vaxxed anyway, At least my son declined this last thing. He was the last person at his work to get the coof and and the only one that was not jabbed and he hat the least amount of time out sick.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Aug. 16, 2022 7:01 pm

Maybe if they soaked the vaccine into sugar cubes like they enticed us with when I was in elementary school. Get out of class work, plus get a sugar cube,.... there was almost a stampede to the nurse's office.

I don't remember hearing about any problems with the vaccine they were using back in the 1950's and 60's. Maybe they knew how to test it first, rather than let the general public be the lab rats? :roll:

Paul

nut
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glacier Bay
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: electric

Post by nut » Tue. Aug. 16, 2022 7:16 pm

There was a screw up with a batch of polio vaccine in the early stages. After that it eradicated polio. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383764/

Retro_Origin
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1957 Axeman Anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat / Pea

Post by Retro_Origin » Tue. Aug. 16, 2022 8:00 pm

A friend of mine is 96 and his right arm is contorted from having contracted polio at 15. He wasn't able to serve in WW2 because of it. So polio saved his life, potentially. I haven't ever heard of any bad results from polio vaccines, although with the new "vaccine" (AKA, treatment, NOT a vaccine) for the calypso virus I think many people have their defenses up (myself included). Traditonally it seems like the majority of vaccines do work, although I got the chicken pox shot, then got shingles as a teen and then got the worst case of chicken pox my doctor had ever seen at 18.....so who knows! One thing is for sure the medical field appears to be more concerned about vaccines and less concerned about their content. "Here's a treatment that will make you live forever!" - "It's broken glass covered in antifreeze and live scorpions?" - "psht! just put it into your system!"

Abortal factents and various metals are commonplace among vaccines, the second is a carrier I believe and the first, immoral. Just pure immoral.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Aug. 17, 2022 12:02 pm

My BIL (80yrs.) got polio as a yute & is now having serious problems with leg strength to the point of falling pretty often--yep, he has a walker & canes but bein thick-headed--he continues to TRY--doesn't do much for my sister baby sittin for him--at present he is in a rhab center AGAIN!!! I remember gettin my shot or cube in elementary school--back when ya trusted your
family Dr's. opinion & they weren't trying to be movie stars!! Sad state of affairs in this day & age!!! :(

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Wed. Aug. 17, 2022 1:24 pm

Key words...
freetown fred wrote:
Wed. Aug. 17, 2022 12:02 pm
--back when ya trusted your family Dr's. opinion & they weren't trying to be movie stars!! Sad state of affairs in this day & age!!! :(
:yes:

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Wed. Aug. 17, 2022 4:24 pm

I for one am glad they gave polio shots back then and am glad they still have them. Thats some nasty crap to have to live with your whole life from childhood like many have. I think I was trusting my school rules more than a Dr at the time and getting vaxxed all the time.... I should send them a thank you note, lol

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Wed. Aug. 17, 2022 11:48 pm

Polio vaccines were one of the best things to happen. I can barely remember that something went wrong the first time and it had to be readministered. Everyone lined up at fire co.'s and schools to get it. Sugar cube? No one was allowed in public schools without it for decades. Or the smallpox vaccine. I do remember seeing people suffering from it that got it pre-vaccine.

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 2:07 am

hank2 wrote:
Wed. Aug. 17, 2022 11:48 pm
Polio vaccines were one of the best things to happen. I can barely remember that something went wrong the first time and it had to be readministered. Everyone lined up at fire co.'s and schools to get it. Sugar cube? No one was allowed in public schools without it for decades. Or the smallpox vaccine. I do remember seeing people suffering from it that got it pre-vaccine.
Never had it, was allowed in school, started in 1975.

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 8:09 am

lincolnmania wrote:
Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 2:07 am
Never had it, was allowed in school, started in 1975.
I cannot remember as I was young of course, but was being immunized a requirement back then or did you just slip by and nobody cared? Public school? I remember being in long lines in school for various shots. I do remember consent forms from parents. But the mandatory part I cannot remember. And of course it wasnt as politically correct back then either.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 9:33 am

Pretty much parents discretion if I remember ( and that could be a crap shoot)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I don't think this disease was transferrable.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 9:48 am

Polio is contagious, my older brother had it around age 4, about 1945. He wound up with a 4" curvature of the spine. I was happy to take it, the vaccine pretty much did away with it in countries that got with the program.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 10:34 am

coaledsweat wrote:
Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 9:48 am
.............................. the vaccine pretty much did away with it in countries that got with the program.
That's because the polio vaccine was an actual vaccine. Not something that isn't a vaccine by the original definition of "vaccine", and that hasn't worked in lab tests in the 20 years since the process was invented. :roll:

Paul

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 10:34 am

Polio like every other virus follows a bell curve of infection. By the time the vaccines were introduced, Polio was already on its way out. Were the vaccines useful ? Maybe, but knowing how it spreads is the most useful tool in fighting a virus.
Don't swim in a river that has *censored* in it is the best advice. Unless of course you're George Carlin.

Return to “Health”